MotoX-ray

Jun 2, 2006
I just bought a 2002 yz125 here in CA. I have the signed over pick slip but I noticed the bike does not have a green sticker. Does this mean the previous owner never registered it? Will I be able to get a green sticker with just the pink slip.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Check out this California DMV site for information regarding red and green sticker issues on bikes. I pulled the link from the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum as the question keeps surfacing. Hopefully members of the wrecking crew will pop in and post the latest info they have.

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
If it is a california title that you have, it means it was in fact registered in California. The green sticker may never have been put on or was lost, peeled off etc. When you transfer ownership, they should send you a green sticker since it's a 2002 model.

donkipp

Apr 17, 2006
MotoX-ray said:
I just bought a 2002 yz125 here in CA. I have the signed over pick slip but I noticed the bike does not have a green sticker. Does this mean the previous owner never registered it? Will I be able to get a green sticker with just the pink slip.

Just make an appt. and go to dmv and they'll figure out.
Just be patient, I just got out of DMV hell last week with my sons YZ 85, those people are as dumb as dirt. :bang: .

Im sure it was registered at one time, if the registration has expired, they might make you pay and old "non op" fee. I think it's like 40.00.
They might request an inspection if it's expired..

Top Bottom