Guess what-newest issue of MXA is great!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It's appears to be a positve crankcase evacuation system similar to what has been used in dragracing since the 70s. Usually a fitting in the exhaust is cut so as to cause a pressure drop in the attached hose which lowers the crankcase pressure and allows the use of very low friction rings without the problems that would normally be associated with their use (i.e flutter and oil control) on a standard engine with high crankcase pressure. The canister is likely an air/oil seperator , which also works as a check valve to prevent backfires and decel from firing the crankcase fumes.

nick414

Feb 1, 2002
What's the beef?

As a new member, and a new (er) reader of MXA, can someone tell me in a nutshell what everyone is so darn mad about? It's only a magazine, and it seems to me we should all take it with a grain of salt! I like the "new style" if that is what it is, and the nostalgic stuff too... and at $1.02 a copy it's cheaper than TP!!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Re: What's the beef?

Originally posted by nick414
we should all take it with a grain of salt!

There is a degree of responsibility that comes with being "the voice of Motocross". MXA seems intent on side-stepping that responsibility when ever it suits them or their P&L statement. If we just " take it with a grain of salt" we'll be subjected to the non-stop errosion of a once great magazine and we'll end up with nothing but a product catalog run by ... well hopefully you get the picture. :mad:

But in the end it really gets down to this; exposing Moto-Posers is F U N

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
exposing Moto-Posers is F U N

Yes but reading the exposed truth is also fun entertainment :aj:
Rich do you figure the MXA boys have a dartboard with your mug on it;)
Better watch out I hear that Timmy guy has it out for you BAH HAH HAH:confused:

Top Bottom