nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well crap!! The roller coaster ride continues :whiner:

Just got back from the ortho a lil bit ago. The MRI shows a couple tears in the large front rotator cuff tendon but they are small and won't require surgery. BUT the small side rotator cuff tendon is not completely visible from the MRI because of swelling in the ares. But the ortho said from what they could see, it looks like a tear on the smaller tendon. Then the ortho asked me to do a few movements (such as arm in sling position and push on my stomach with my hand) and unfortunately I had no strength to push. This made the ortho fear that the smaller tendon may be completely torn :(

So now he says go for 3 more weeks of therapy and come back to see him. I am getting some improved movement in the front but not much out to the side. If I don't improve much in the next three weeks, then the ortho said next step is probably injecting dye into my shoulder (more needles :ugg: )and watching it to see where and how big the tear is. Then maybe arthoscopic or open surgery if it is a complete tear. This blows :|

To make matters worse I just got a cortisone steroid injection to reduce the swelling and help the pain. And the needle was thick and big like a straw and the injection seemed to take 10-20 seconds to fill my shoulder with the thick stuff. It's been a few hours and still feels like the needle is in my arm - I don't know if I've ever felt ongoing pain like this before OUCH!

So life once again sucks :debil:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
This is going to take some time Nikki. Better to have them make sure than to have it heal wrong or not at all. Besides it sounds like you have a conservative doc, thats a good thing. You dont want anyone performing surgery unless their almost certain.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Hang tough, Nikki! The cortisone is a good thing and a lot better than the surgery because you will have less scar tissue. I was warned about the pain of a cortisone shot but it wasn't bad at all. You're going to have to be a bit patient till things reveal themselves and that's not a bad thing at this stage as you're not going under the knife for sure.

I always have been a firm believer in protection and a set of pads and plastic is worth every penny.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
ha! nikki, i shoulda warned ya about the needle size on cort shots. best thing to do is don't look at it. i think those are 18 or 20 guage. hang in there, they do good micro- and orthro surgery these days. so i'm guessing you won't be riding anytime soon, but i bet you'll have a full recovery if they do operate. good luck.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
They say its not a matter of if, but when we will get injured. Still it stinks. :| It was 3 years ago I busted some ribs and had 2 months off, and I thought that was long :silly: Keep thinking of the end result, full recovery. Your young and otherwise healthy, so you will bounce back quicker than they expect.
Walt

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
:( Bummer, sorry to hear about your RC. :uh:
Warm up the X-box, and pretend it's winter outside, crank the a/c, put out the x-mas decorations, and get Red to put up the x-mas tree to add to the realism.
:p
Speedy recovery!!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom