handle bars go crazy

sometimes when im riding on a straight stretch at my track the handle bars go insane and i cant handle them whats the prob?

_JOE_

Subscriber
That is referred to as headshake. Do a search, you'll find plenty.

it usually happens to me if im ripping across a field. just stand up and put more pressure on the front.

rip on it more, lean and pull back and get weight off the front end.
thats just going to make the front more unstable. thats usually what happens when my front wheel starts dodging back and forth.

It's headshake (as stated above). Easiest fixes are to run more sag out back, lower your forks in your triple clamps or tighten your steering nut. Best fix is to get your suspension sorted out and add a steering damper.

john stu

Lifetime Sponsor
sixds said:
thats just going to make the front more unstable. .

aaaaaaaaaa not if you lean back and give it a little throttle so the front end is no longer touching the ground it will be stable then

well yeah, but i dont know anyone that can keep the front end a few inches off the ground for a mile or two.

_JOE_

Subscriber
sixds said:
well yeah, but i dont know anyone that can keep the front end a few inches off the ground for a mile or two.
I think I once saw a post where someone said they saw Pred do it, but then he has also been labled as the Sasquatch. :laugh:

The Scotts damper is $350 US, plus you need a mounting kit. Talk to BRP (www.brpit.com), they can set you up with one. I got a Scotts damper, top triple clamp, SUB mount, and bolt on post for $620 USD. I'm extremely happy with my setup and can't imagine riding without one now.