kdxmojave1

Feb 10, 2004
i bent my bars and i need new ones. i have narrowed it down to the pro taper se(in black), or the renthal off road bars(in ti) both 7/8, and both cr high. what would you think would be better?

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
I've got Renthal CR-Hi's on mine and like them. No hard crashes to speak of to really test them though. I've also got bark busters which will make them even harder to bend.

Best,
Greg

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
The PT are really nice - but if money is an issue any name brand aluminum CR Hi will make you very happy. I have done some spectacular get offs on my Moose bars with no bends to remember them by. Very good set of bars for $50.

slyder

Jul 29, 2003
it is all personal preference. major name brand stuff is all good. whats up with the cr high bend anyway? i thought the bars on my kdx were high enough. im using good old kx bend and they work just fine.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Personally - I found the stock bend way too low. I spun the clamps around and went with the CR Hi - and it fits me perfectly while upright on the pegs. I am 5'9" and now it seems as if the bike was designed around me.

kdxmojave1

Feb 10, 2004
thank you for all the replies guys. when i do the bar swap i also plan on swapign the ugly front light out. what model number plate would you recomend i have a 1986 kdx. im willing to custom fab it up.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I used a late model KX250 # plate. Worked well. As for bars, TUSK claims to make great products and sell them at less inflated prices. I've found this to be true. I'm running there aluminum bars with NO problems. Cost like $27............

est142

Dec 30, 2003
i have the protaper bar and busters.excellent bar and bar mount...but you need to get a bump pad as well. tusk IS often a good deal. they don't make their products..they are actually made by other brand name companies if you look closely...then tusk puts their name on it and sells it much cheaper. i bought a "tusk" 2000lb atv winch for $75 less than the identical Superwinch 2000.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom