Thomas/Sparks

Mar 19, 2001
I leaned out my carb a week ago to help out on bottom end resposne. The bike runs alot better but is very hard to start when cold.Today I finally pulled it to get it started. once you start it the first time it will start the first kick the rest of the day. Any suggestions on how to start it when it is cold.
Rufuss
94 KDX 250

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Mine usually starts right up with 2 or 3 good healthy kicks. It also helps to turn the airscrew in a half turn to start it, then turn it back out once the engine starts to warm. If the bike is a real bear to start when cold, the enrichener jet could be plugged, or the air-bleed port leading to it from the carb mouth could be clogged with filter oil (this has happened to me). My bike is not a hard starter hot or cold, so I don't see why yours should be.

Thomas/Sparks

Mar 19, 2001
I will be riding tomorrow and will try adjusting the air scew like you recomend. If this does not work I will check for any blockage. If this does'nt help I will get back with you. Thanks

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I have a 94 KDX200 and have had minor strating problems with during jetting sessions. What has always worked for me with cold starting is to lean the bike over on left side (like an old open bike) for a second & then give it 1 good kick with the choke on & throttle off.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom