Hatfield-McCoy Ride Weekend June 6th

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
hey guys I hope you read this whole thing. This is an exccellent deal.....she sounds super nice and very accomodating. Just think that theres no chance of trying to set up or breaking down a tent in rain!!!
I got dibs on room #23. My wife and daughter want to come also.
Please contact Kathy McCoy 304-426-4700 or 304-426-6266 and tell her your with the KDX June 6th weekend ride with Bill Haenel and please do it soon because this is one heck of a deal. I am going to extend our trip due to the rates being so good. 4th-7th If you can come earlier I will be there

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
anybody else?
crimiedy?
I did tell Kathy McCoy we should pretty much be able to fill her rooms from you guys saying "I'm in"

In case you guys can't do math it was $25 a night for 2 people 35 for 3 and 45 for 4
so thats between $12.50-$11.25 per person.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Looks like I may have 4 or 5 with me. 2 of us are KDX guys. I'm hoping to reserve the cottage. I'm still waiting on confirmation from 2 of the guys though.

J.

OLHILLBILLY

Jun 29, 2006
It's still a long time until June for me. I'd love to go but life/finance is too unstable for me to make a definite yay or nay now.
Lodging there sounds cheap enough, but it's a 1500+ mile round trip from here in the west side of Missouri. Long ride in a Mitsubishi mini truck.
I'll know more as it gets closer. :cool:

branhine

Nov 1, 2008
We (my son and I) are tentatively in. The 6th is my son's last day of school which is no big deal however June is the busiest month of the year for my Company. I should be able to plan ahead of time to make it happen.

Julien. I'm here in Hickory. Would you like to try and get together and ride with the kids sometime before June. I'm 30 mins from Brushy or I may be able to get permission for you guys to ride on the private land my son and currently ride on. Its about 5 miles from Brushy.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
certainly everyone is invited we are going to Buffalo Mt. And staying in Matewan at the hatfield McCoy resort see prior posts for details and supper room rates Just for us!!

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
branhine said:
We (my son and I) are tentatively in. The 6th is my son's last day of school which is no big deal however June is the busiest month of the year for my Company. I should be able to plan ahead of time to make it happen.

Julien. I'm here in Hickory. Would you like to try and get together and ride with the kids sometime before June. I'm 30 mins from Brushy or I may be able to get permission for you guys to ride on the private land my son and currently ride on. Its about 5 miles from Brushy.

Hey man, that sounds great. Just let me know when and where. I go on call for my job every few weeks for a week at a time, so that limits my free time, but other than that we ride every chance we get.

J.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
julien_d said:
Hey man, that sounds great. Just let me know when and where. I go on call for my job every few weeks for a week at a time, so that limits my free time, but other than that we ride every chance we get.

J.

I on the otherhand will be so rusty by the time june comes it won't be funny I live in a big big metro area and the drive to ride is 4-6hr round trip :|

kdxklxridr

Mar 27, 2007
I have read this board for years but never reply?? I ride Hatfields and Mccoy a lot, have ridden all the trail systems. Rock House (Gilbert) has the best black and single track trails. Pinnicle creek is for beginers. Buff Mtn is better and close to Rock house. I am going 3rd wk of March (won't be freezing cold). Renting houses between several riders is cheep and nice ( ride right to the trail head). I ride both kdx and klx there. If there are any questions about specific trails, lodging, or local towns in WV I can give you the low down. Don't always believe the people renting places, they all want to sell you on thier area.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
kdxklxridr
Yeah any info on things other than ride the trails In Matewan, Wv (Buffallo MT?)

You know for the women to do or see

kdxklxridr

Mar 27, 2007
Not much to do or see if you are not riding. It is in the heart of rual southern WV coal mining territory, not to mention the depressed economy in the general area. If wives and children want to travel a little during the day, there are several places within 1 to 2 hours. Grandview state park, Pipestem state park (has golf, swimming, horse back riding, Tamarak (crafts shopping upper scale).
Gilbert (rockhouse trail) has a community center with movie theater, swimming, and gym. It is nice and right in town.
Matewan has very little, but a nice little downtown strip. approx three places to eat. The bigger Inn/hotel in Matewan is pretty nice/clean. Right at the trail-head.
I always ride more than one trail system per trip. Gilbert Sat, Buff mtn Sun for example. They are not that far apart (45min). Just trailer to the one you are not staying at. This adds a lot of varity to the riding (more than enough).
Not to put any place down, but be careful if you stay in Logon (other side of Gilbert trail), some people have had theft from their cars/trucks there.

Last edited:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Hey Y'all if you are trying to contact kathy McCoy for reservations she is out of town for a few weeks I have her alternate number if you need it

So far I have room 23 and my brother and his family have reserved and my friend from down the street and son will be there with a drz400s and a cr125.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Kathy McCoy said if we wanted she could get the local talent one night to play the fiddle and the spoons...sounds like some knee slapp'n fun :nod:

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
you game jth??

I just got tore up at this place down here called highland park ...the upper and lower loops leading to the trails was constant potholes and I wont go back untill they smooth out the access trails cause by the time I got to the actual trails I was beat!!

kdxklxridr

Mar 27, 2007
Heading to Hatfield-Mccoy trails 3/28/09. Riding for 3 days (Rockhouse day 1, Buff mtn day 2, day 3 Indian Ridge vs Rockhouse again? I will let you know the status of the trail systems (its always good). Staying in Gilbert. If anybody is there that wk end, drop a message here and come ride with us. It will be a blast! Probably wet in the low land areas, single track in the highlands is always dry (all rock).

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
when you say single track does that mean like a goat trail thats real technical on the side of a cliff or do you meanabout 3 to 4 foot wide?

jth

May 21, 2006
Made our reservations today. 4 of use will be arriving Friday the 5th
If you need trail passes, call Kathy a couple of days before and she will have them ready.

Thanks Bill for setting up and getting us a discount.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
hey glade to see things starting to happen I will be there on the 4th actually and yeah no problem Kathy is a good person and I think they are kinda hurting like the rest of the country

Top Bottom