Having some teeth extracted!! Advice needed.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They will tell ya' to avoid all carbonated drinks for a few days. It's because you have holes where the teef was and they don't want a bunch of fizzy stuff messin things up.

BTW Woosta' it might be kinda' wierd when your hearing things crunch and pop in your ears as they pull 'em out :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
tony91 said:
Unless you're really squeamish, just get a local. The procedure isn't nearly as bad as some say. I had 5 pulled a year ago. It only took 25 mins or so. The first couple of needles were rough...but after that it was cake. One of things you'll have to do is wash your mouth with salt-water. Do that very gently the first few days. I lost one of the "plugs" by washing to rough.

ditto ... I have had lots of my teeth pulled and two of my wisdom teeth were impacted.

I had one side done one Friday and the other side done two weeks later. I was poor and went with local only. It was funky to listen to them break up the teeth, but really brutal when one, that would not come out, basically blew up in my mouth, from the pressure of the pliers.

Gargle lukewarm salt water as often as you can stand the taste, it will help.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Patman said:
They will tell ya' to avoid all carbonated drinks for a few days. It's because you have holes where the teef was and they don't want a bunch of fizzy stuff messin things up.

BTW Woosta' it might be kinda' wierd when your hearing things crunch and pop in your ears as they pull 'em out :)

Are you freakin kidding me? The sonic cleaning thingy just about shot me out of the chair last time I had that done! :ohmy:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
biglou said:
This one just came to me:

Roo: "I'm having some teeth removed."
Lou: "Why, are you over the legal limit for NC?"

Shoot, I was way over the limit in IOWA.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Pred - you bodaceous beast! That would be a great look. 'Cept my lil Squeaky may not take to well to that.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Tony - teefs blowing up in the mouf don't sound too fun. I hope like hell that doesn't happen, LOL.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Rooster said:
Tony - teefs blowing up in the mouf don't sound too fun. I hope like hell that doesn't happen, LOL.

Sound, my friend, is the operative word. I could not feel a thing, but the sound ... WOW

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Wait until one of them blows up...and you have jaggged pieces of tooth (that the guy leaves in for whatever reason) pertruding out of your sore gums for the next six weeks. Those make it all worth the price of admission. But don't worry, they will all work themselves out of your skull eventually.

Hope this added some comfort to your situation. (grin)

*no kidding..if you hear one explode...ask him to fish all the pieces out no matter what. Ask him to take another look...trust me it will be worth the ask.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
LOL! Yes Roosta' it will make the sonic cleaner seem like a minor annoyance. Sorry buddy but I was just giving ya' the facts to help minimize any freakin' out in the seat. Just accept that it might sound bad but it shouldn't feel bad. If they really get ya' loopy from the NOS you won't care anyway and some O2 will shake the NOS buzz pretty quick........ if you want.

Overall buddy it's not a big deal, you'll be fine no matter how much work they have to do and if your really lucky like I was the dental assistant will be VERY nice to look at and constantly have her ample ....uh..... ( o ) ( o ) there to help position your head. Sometimes I wish I had more wisdom teefs to get extracted :)

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster said:
Pred - you bodaceous beast! That would be a great look. 'Cept my lil Squeaky may not take to well to that.

:| You must keep the front teeth, thank you. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
squeaky said:
:| You must keep the front teeth, thank you. :)
Why? It's not like he's going to be eatin' lots of corn on the cobb like in I Owe Way.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
XRpredator said:
you are approximately 1.12 bswifts right now. I believe that's the high end of how many bswifts you've been over the years.

and I still vote for the front top four teeth getting pulled. You'll fit in better at the Unabomber Shack . . .
Since I'm pretty steady at a buck fiddy, Preds calcs are pretty close.:laugh:
Use a MP3 player and crank it up! Helps me get thru the torture. May I suggest some hard driving quitar rock to override the high pitch of the drill, plus, you can't here the dentists say, "whoops".:scream:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Jaybird said:
Wait until one of them blows up...and you have jaggged pieces of tooth (that the guy leaves in for whatever reason) pertruding out of your sore gums for the next six weeks.

:yikes: Looks like now I'm REALLY going to have to drag him in there kicking and screaming like a little girl... :p

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
squeaky said:
:yikes: Looks like now I'm REALLY going to have to drag him in there kicking and screaming like a little girl... :p

Sounds sort of like when you have to give him a bath Squeaks. :whoa:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
Sounds sort of like when you have to give him a bath Squeaks. :whoa:

Now, wait just a minute here. Them there baths are completely uncalled for. She makes me take one every Tuesday. I aint never took a bath more often than once every second Tuesday of the week.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Rooster said:
I aint never took a bath more often than once every second Tuesday of the week.

You ain't in Eyeohhway any more Dorothy. :p

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rich Rohrich said:
You ain't in Eyeohhway any more Dorothy. :p

No - but he's hopefully soon to be in South Caroliney - he'll fit in just fine down there too :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
squeaky said:
No - but he's hopefully soon to be in South Caroliney - he'll fit in just fine down there too :)
Of course he will he's skinny and soon to be toothless.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
squeaky said:

Nothing wrong with South Caroliney!

I aint never took a bath more often than once every second Tuesday of the week.

Thats cause you had to wait til the bathtub outside filled up with rain. :laugh:

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
I had my wizzies out several years ago. The proceedure itself was no problem, the next day however was a tad miserable. I ended up haveing an allergic reaction to the anesthetic. I woke feeling like a million bucks, fixed myself a sammich and it all went downhill from there. I spent the next 8 hours puking like a freshman. I felt very sorry for myself indeed LOL. To top it off I came very close to getting dry socket and when I went in for my check up the dr was a little angry that I had eaten tacos. Apparently they are not soft food?? Good luck Roo and stay off the hard shell tacos for at least 5 days.
G

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Braaattttt! How the heck have you been? Good to "see" you again in here.

"wizzies" LOL, that's funny stuff right there!

So, no hard shell tacos? Damn it. What is a guy to eat? Ahhh, SOFT shell tacos! Anyway, thanks for the advice, but I didn't plan on eating anything quite that crunchy or hot anyway. :yikes:

We are going shopping the night before, going to get some cottage cheese, milk shakes, and a few other things that don't have anything tough to chew in them. It's gonna suck, Imma miss me steaks and chicken for a week or so.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster said:
It's gonna suck, Imma miss me steaks and chicken for a week or so.

You and me both! You can't expect that I'd eat a nice juicy steak in front of you after you've had your teeth extracted, can you? I'd like to...but I might get this :yell: from you if I did. :laugh:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
squeaky said:
You and me both! You can't expect that I'd eat a nice juicy steak in front of you after you've had your teeth extracted, can you? I'd like to...but I might get this :yell: from you if I did. :laugh:

Quit jackin my thread, punk!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:
. . . So, no hard shell tacos? Damn it. What is a guy to eat? Ahhh, SOFT shell tacos!
I can think of another kind of taco . . .

I'll stop now

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom