Having trouble with Rm125 clutch, need help

micah 23

Jun 28, 2003
My lever feels like it has the correct amount of play, the tension also feels good. When you pull in the clutch lever everything feels the way it should be, however it doesnt fully disengage the clutch. Held in clutch and shiftend into first out of neutral and it stalled. Try kick starting it while in first and it creeped forward. Tried pushing it in first with the cluth lever pulled in and the clutch was still engaged.

Is this an adjjustment problem or is it something more serious? Any help would be appreciated.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
lube the cable and mess with the adjustment side of things and see how it works out. make sure you change the oil often- i use valvoline 10/40 in mine with now troubles. the rm's are known to be a bit grabby, but mine is fine and its had some work on it. is the bike new? if its had some hammer, the basket might be a bit worn and will need the notches draw filed a bit- but check the simple stuff first

micah 23

Jun 28, 2003
I just took it down to the shop and the guy started it and rode it around. He said because the bike had been sitting for 6+months before I bought it that it was just stuck or something. After he kept doing starts he got it to where it would idle in first with the lever pulled in without it dying or creeping. He said I just need to ride it.

Does this sound correct to you?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
yes.

change the oil and go ride it! the clutch will always be a bit funky when the engine is cold too. enjoy that bike and dont be afraid to rev it to the moon!:)

Top Bottom