TheJaybird

Mar 22, 2005
Hello, Newb here

Hello folks, new guy here. Never ridden dirt in my life. In fact, I haven't even picked up my new dirtbike (tomorrow, this is going to be a sleepless night).

After crashing my Ducati Monster last thanksgiving, I thought I'd give the whole dirt world a try. I hear you can crash these things (dirtbikes) for relatively cheap and you most likely won't spend weeks in agony.

Anyway, I've got a lot of good teachers who I'm sure will have their fun at my expense over the next few months...Now if my wife would only start riding.... :nod:

Jay

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
It still hurts to crash in the dirt! You just don't get all rashed up. Were the gear, ease into it, and have a blast :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

I see where you have gone to your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow DRNers in your area.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

TheJaybird

Mar 22, 2005
Well, just got back from my first dirt ride... After about 45 nervous nellie moments of getting used to my bike, I started to get the hang of the whole experience :nod:

All I have to say is: What a kick in the pants!

I discovered the following:

1. Jumps are a lot less scary than they look.
2. Jumps are a lot easier on my WR than on my Ducati.
3. Once the first crash happens, it's a lot more fun to ride.
4. 2-3 beers loosens up the deathgrip I started with.
5. I wish I discovered this ten years ago.

That is all.

Jay

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Welcome, Jay.
Glad you are enjoying your first dirt experiences...however, I would suggest leaving the beer for after the rides are over! :)
Beer and dirt really don't mix well.

TheJaybird

Mar 22, 2005
Jaybird said:
Welcome, Jay.
Glad you are enjoying your first dirt experiences...however, I would suggest leaving the beer for after the rides are over! :)
Beer and dirt really don't mix well.

You are totally right about the beer... and at 31, you'd think lapses of reason would be a non issue. Alas, I am living proof that lapses happen :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom