garyford6

Jul 19, 2002
Looking at a 1998 ktm sr pro that has a problem that the guy will only sell me if I(we) can find a fix for. Its probably been on here before but the nut that holds the clutch on keeps backing off and he has tried blue locktite and it still keeps backing off and slipping. If it is not caught quick and retightened, it messes up the brass bearing on the shaft or once it broke the clutch. I looked at the threads tonight and they look fine. Also it keeps breaking bolts on the top of the head where the exhaust bracket is mounted. He is tightning on the clutch side with a pretty big cresent wrench and on the flywheel side he has the proper 15mm socket, but he says they don't help each other tighten cause one is lh thead and the other is rh thead, so maybe he isn't getting it tightened right. Any help out there? Thanks in advance

CRguyStan

Dec 10, 2001
Check first, but if the 50 is like the big bikes you need to use an impact to tighten the clutch basket unless you have one of those nifty basket holding tools.
Worth a shot, but like I said, call a dealer first.
My 2c

Stan

CrazyTed

Jul 26, 1999
One of the employees at Lewis MC Sports in Portsmouth Va is a KTM mini bike guru. Call them 757-488-8864 in the afternoon and ask for Chuck Honeycutt. He works at the shipyard during the day but usually is there in the late afternoon.

Top Bottom