HELP!! Best PS2 MX game? Or other good PS2 games?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Well I need to get a PS2 game for my uncle for Christmas. I have no clue which MX games are good and which are crap...

So - let's hear it! Please tell me which you prefer and/or which to stay away from.

If I don't go MX - what other PS2 games would you recommend? I'd like to stick with sports or 1 on 1 type of fighting games (like old school Mortal Combat or WWF or something).

Thanks for any suggestions!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I might go with a golf game as well - anyone got a golf favorite?

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I hear Tiger Woods 2004 is real good...it is on my christmas list.

MX Rider is a REAL GOOD PS2 motocross racing game and is a PS2 favorite now (meaning $20 if you can find it). MX2002 is a good mix of racing and freestyle. I thought Superfly was a stinker.

I am hooked on "Conflict: Desert Storm" right now and version 2 is on my Christmas list also. "Socom Navy Seals" is also good but I hope they made some improvements in version II (also on my list).

Last edited:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
If you can get past the lousy physics, Ricky Carmichael's MX2002 is not terrible. The turning in the game leaves a lot to be desired, but once you get used to it, it's not that bad. The freestyle modes are pretty cool (ie-high jump, bus jump, fmx arenas). Whenever I have a friend over we play two player and set it up at the bus jump. Then we play tag and ride all over the area chasing each other. You can jump into a swimming pool, onto a baseball diamond, onto the roof of a school, lots of cool stuff.

If you like first person shooters, Medal of Honor: Rising Sun and SocomII are great, addicting games. If your uncle is a Lord of the Rings fanatic, check out Lord of the Rings: Two Towers. I just started playing it again and it follows the plot of the first and second movies really well. I think there is a newer LOR game out now, but I haven't played it yet.

If you want real golfing, Tiger Woods 2004 is great. If you want cartoonish, goofy, fun golf check out Hot Shots 3.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thanks guys - very helpful!

He already has ATV Offroad Fury 2 so I might lean towards the Tiger Woods 2004 as he used to love our PGA Golf game for Sega Genesis back in the day.

I haven't found a MX game that I've truely liked since Supercross Circuit came out 5 years ago - that game was awesome!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Tiger Woods is GREAT...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
hey, I just got "The Great Escape" for my stepdad. I figger it's got Steve McQueen on it, so's it must be cool.

You even gotta jump the bobwire with the mo'sickle to escape! I hope it ain't lame.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
I like GranTurismo-3 Lotsa fun!
And i hear that GT-4 is coming soon. :)

Grand theft / Vice city is a blast too.

Off track a bit is Xenosaga Episode-1, a sci-fi RPG -w- great graphics and about an hour or so of video cutscenes.
Heck if it werent so fun playing it, it would be great just to watch!
Besides the hero (heroine?) of the game is KOSMos. A major babe -w- machine guns, lazers, a battle hammer, and a built is arm sword!
It dont get much better than that kids. :thumb:

And supposedly episode-2 is due out this spring. yeehaw! :confused:

Top Bottom