keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I have a 95 KTM 440Mxc. I just bought two new tires, the front when well, the back is killing me. The axle is stuck, I have soaked it for two days in penetrating oil, pounded it with a rubber mallet, framing hammer and wood block, a huge 8inch nail with a head bigger than the whole and a hammer, and finally a air chisel. It will slide front to back on the swing arm, but will not slide out from the wheel hub. I am guessing the bearing sleaves are stuck, or a very bent axle. The tire still turns but it does have a bit of a grind. I think I didn't grease it before it was stored for the winter. ANY ideas guys??????

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
Owning a 440 KTM you have my deepest sympathies, anyways try a 3# brass hammer if it dosent move your going to have to cut and then press out the axle. Be glad its not the swingarm pivot.

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
Got it. I used a big nail and a ten pound sledge. It came out slowly but made it out un harmed. It all looks fairly good considering the force it took to take it out. The axle looks perfects, I am going to change the bearings out. Thanks for the help guys.

Top Bottom