Help With Jumps

Hey . I just got my bike maybe 5 days ago - and my friends are pushing me to do this jump - but everytime I do it - I land too much on my front tire and almost wreck - constantly banging on my front shocks... I need advice on how to even the bike out and what to do - if needed ill get a picture of my problem - thanks - Chris.

Edit : Im about 5 foot and way about 90 pounds - riding a yamaha ttr 125.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
Don't listen to your friends.. Do it when you feel comfortable.. If you do things like that cause your friends are pushing you, you will soon find out what the ER looks like...

Hah . Its not only my friends it was my mistake to blame it no them - its me - I want to do it - its just I can't get the bike level on this jump.. suggestinos please?

it sounds like your just nose diving, keep steady on the throttle as you are coming up the jump and if you nose dive rev the bike a bit in the air.

Hmm. I think I get what your saying... im letting go of the thorrtle to early? My one friend said it may be because im reving it but stopping while my back tire is still on the jump - therefore causing me to nose dive.. so I should try keeping on the throttle more? Maybe a little more lean back to top it off? :nod:

Ok - well its 10:00 at night - a little to late to try it out... but I have school till 4 tommorow - oh well , i Will wait - and if anybody has any input its appreciated.

Well - its 8:00 today and im not in school yet because im sick - i probably won't be doing it today. But if I do I should tape it :] ?

Sick??? Get well first! Going to the er with complications is not recommended! While you are sitting around do a search on jumping.

Hah - I highly doubt ER! I haven't wrecked on the jump yet but ive done quite a few nose dives which I can't say what it is doing to my front shocks........... But yeah I see what ya mean^_^ I did a few things on jumping and also cleaing my chain its pretty dirty - since im doing nothing right now im going to go get a video and upload it here. Tell me what you think I should do - thanks.

Chris99 said:
Hah - I highly doubt ER! I haven't wrecked on the jump yet but ive done quite a few nose dives which I can't say what it is doing to my front shocks........... But yeah I see what ya mean^_^ I did a few things on jumping and also cleaing my chain its pretty dirty - since im doing nothing right now im going to go get a video and upload it here. Tell me what you think I should do - thanks.
It happens to everyone so be ready, don't think you're invincible. One of these days you're gonna wreck hard... If you push it to the limit that is.

Hmm. I just saw something on **** "the grunge brush" for like 8 dollars - and I have that to spare.. I think ill try that. but should i use anything with it like water? or something?

misfitfmx said:
It happens to everyone so be ready, don't think you're invincible. One of these days you're gonna wreck hard... If you push it to the limit that is.

Hehe - I know - but Im not pushing it. Its not a big jump its a MINIATURE jump to you guys- pretty big to me - ive had a bike for like 5 days.

Chris99 said:
Hehe - I know - but Im not pushing it. Its not a big jump its a MINIATURE jump to you guys- pretty big to me - ive had a bike for like 5 days.
Ohhhhh, just wait till you start hittin the huge kickers and the 40/70 Footers! ;)