AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
RC won huh? Go figure.... I guess being the underdog suits him. LOL

I can just see pred at home doing this -----> :aj:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
from what i heard (sound on the broadcast was horrible) in the 2nd moto, he jumped out in front but went down in the first turn, heard he was turning some fast lap times though..

MrMXer327

Back in the saddle and having a blast !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dang!... RC da man! I don't believe the Hurricane at his best could of hung with the laps RC and Bubba were layin down. You can betcha Bubba being the champ he is will be diggin a bit deeper... and RC... has he got a heart as big at the 450 or what?

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
RC and Stewart are obviously in a class of their own right now. Remember the first season RC went head to head with Jeremy McGraf. This will turn out in a similar maner. If it doesn't my bet is Stewart will either have a 4 stroke next year from Kawasaki ..or Honda. Its only a matter of time before James Stewart claws past RC.

One thing I have seen over the years is great riders rise to the level of riding required to win. The point being they start from the top level of their time and move beyond...thats why they dominate in their time. My bet is Bob hannah would be in the mix if he was here in his prime...RC and Stewart are the result of 25 more years of development, pushing the limits and study. The key is how far a rider pushed the limits in HIS time. Hannah completely redefined what was possible and elevated the sport. JMB from France did it again, MC again, RC again...and now we have James Stewart. He's yet again pushing the barriers.

Reason Bob Hannah is considered to be the greatest by some of us old timers, was because prior to his bone smashing Water Ski insident; he just bombed the racing community with a completely different level of athletisizm..and tuned the sport upside down. The difference was stunning. You have to remember that was in an high growth era of the industry and sport...unlike the mid 1990's where the quality of the riding was not the best. JMB beat the best of an era when he took on Ricky Johnson and that crowd..that was a true acheivement. MC again changed the sport and made FX a possiblity but simply didn't have the competition Hannah Had or RC and Stewart have now...although in his prime he would be in the thick of it in SX.

And what I am seeing with James Stewart is yet again the same level of athletisism, focus, AND change redefinining what is possible as we saw when Hannah (and MC to a certain degree) was racing. I just feel damn lucky to have the opportunity to see two true Phenom's in my life time. With a little luck Stewart will have as rewarding a career.

(I really believe RC is amazing as well..don't go there :yikes: ..he's done it bull dog style ..hard work,study&analysis, desire, and dedication)

Last edited:

yami426f

Mar 2, 2005
bubba's not so inferior equip

We were at the race debating the same issure. There were a couple times on the up hill were jbs and rc were pulling the hill at the same time and neither bike really pulled away from the other. I don't think that it was the 2 stroke that was jbs's demise. It looked as though once rc deceided to pass him on the second moto, bubba just faded away. I really think it is more of a conditioning issue than a bike issue. From the crowd view, RC ran 30min +20 hard... and jbs ran 20min +2 hard.

But it was one of the better races in a long time. I hope they run neck and neck all year. The crowd was on their feet all day!!!!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Rat you must be living in the clouds (or trying awefully hard to foul snag a few fish) if that clears anything up. All I see is Bubba didn't hit the jump as fast and landed short. RC was going all out to win and did. I really would have liked to see the previous few frames to clear up why bubba fell short

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
Bubba needs to hit the gym, apparently sheer talent doesn't last for 30 +2. He looks a but disgusted when he stormed past the rig and headed straight for his RV.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I thought that was called the Bubba scrub, olddude. And Bubba's POS KX 250 is so slow that it got two very good starts at high point, a long up hill dirt start. In the second moto he was leading by the second or third turn. That KX is one potent machine.

How about that Alessi kid? LOL!

I only hope the rest of the season is this good, awesome racing in both classes.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Here's a lap time comparison, last year to this year

Last year with Bubba on a 125

1 4 02:15.097 Ricky Carmichael Havana, FL Honda CRF450R
1 259 02:15.581 James M Stewart Haines City, FL Kawasaki KX125

this year

1 4 02:22.903 Ricky Carmichael Havana, FL Suzuki RMZ450
2 259 02:23.391 James M Stewart Haines City, FL Kawasaki KX250

It's real close to being the same time difference. What's my point, you ask.... I don't know I just think it's interesting.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I am well aware of the bubba scrub but from the series of pics you linked to I have no idea if that is what he had done the pic just shows him with both wheels on the ground and RC agressively passing him.
To me the lap times you posted don't show that the bike is holding him back but then again an average of all laps would be a much better indicator rather then just the one fastest

pace

Nov 21, 2003
super rat said:
Here's a link with a photo sequence of the pass, you can clearly see that it's Bubba's bike's fault that he faded.

From that sequence, it also looks like Bubba has a nasty cold.. ;)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
weimedog said:
and now we have James Stewart. He's yet again pushing the barriers.

the only barriers i see bubba pushing are the ones on the side of the tracks :nener: he did it at the last sx :nod: and now the 1st mx-he needs to study RCs way of doing things IMO. :laugh:

Also i think he underestimated RC as many do-Reed will be there soon as well-he wont be beating them all the time but will be in the mix.Shame he is on the dino bike :bang:

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
RC has won on the kx, the cr, the crf, the rm and now the rmz and if you put him on the yz he would win on that, it is all RC, the bike makes no difference the guy will find a way to win.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
super rat said:
Here's a lap time comparison, last year to this year

Last year with Bubba on a 125

1 4 02:15.097 Ricky Carmichael Havana, FL Honda CRF450R
1 259 02:15.581 James M Stewart Haines City, FL Kawasaki KX125

this year

1 4 02:22.903 Ricky Carmichael Havana, FL Suzuki RMZ450
2 259 02:23.391 James M Stewart Haines City, FL Kawasaki KX250

It's real close to being the same time difference. What's my point, you ask.... I don't know I just think it's interesting.

I think if you put any of these guys back on a 125, they'll all click lap times as fast as the 250/450 bikes.or fasters

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Reed will be there soon as well

Yup...He's had some tough times....He rung his bell pretty good at the first race in practice, making his performance in the 2nd moto perfectly understandble at Helen despite a decent start...

I think by mid season we'll see Reed putting in some really good motos...I don't think he'll be able to beat RC all out (both getting decent starts and no mishaps) but he should be able to run down Bubba and do a little dicing with RC...Reed's endurance has improved dramatically over the last couple of years.

weimedog

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Nov 21, 2000
I think the only time you see Reed in front of Stewart is:

1) If Reed hole shots
2) Stewart falls.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
Check out RC's parents "underneath" his bike in this picture of the pass on JBS. A lot going on in the picture: RC jumping over JBS with his parents and the Kawasaki camp in the background. His mom looks like she's holding her hands over her mouth just like mom's tend to do...

LINK

Ryan

EDIT: It also looks like that's Tedesco behind the blue barrels, right next to RC's parents.

Top Bottom