Ho Ho Ho! Who Wants to Play "Secret Santa"?

B

biglou

I think I brought this up briefly last year, right after Christmas, of course, :silly: but I had mentioned doing a "Secret Santa" for those of us that wanted to play here in the ST forum. Here's what I thought I would do. Feel free to make suggestions to this plan:

1. There will be one organizer (Me) to run things who will not participate in the gift giving/receiving.

2. I will have a list of all those who wish to paricipate, along with some info from each participant such as bike(s) owned, type of riding, etc., and your name and ship to address.

3. Through a highly scientific, random selection process (read: dart board, names out of a hat, etc.) I will match each person up with a gift recipient along with that person's submitted info.

4. We will set a previously agreed upon upper and lower limit on amount to spend.

5. Everyone buys a moto-related gift that they think their person would enjoy, and ships it to them a couple weeks before Christmas. Then, when you open your gift, post here in a thread what you got!

Sounds like fun, eh?

Just a couple things to remember: Make sure to keep it all a secret. Don't let someone know if you drew their name. That way they won't know who is buying for them. Once the gift arrives, then they will know who drew their name. Until that time, hush-hush! Also, the total number of participants could be a secret if I had everyone contact me directly instead of posting in a thread that they are playing.

Let me know what everyone thinks! This will be my first time organixing something like this, so don't expect it to run perfectly smooth like Oldguy's fantasy mx! :)

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Lou,
I'm in. Sounds like a great idea and should be a lot of fun.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
ditto ... count me IN :thumb:

B

biglou

Here's what I'll do: Shoot me an email if you want to play secretly, and I will add you to the list. I will send out a "One week to go" warning for those to sign up. I will clost this on Nov. 30th, that way everyone will have a couple weeks to get a gift, and then mail it out two weeks before Christmas. If you've posted in this thread, you're already on the list to play. If you wanna be a secret, secret santa, shoot me an email from my sig line (drn email). This will be fun!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Count me in!!! Will the other participants have a wish list of sorts??

Thanks for playing Santa BigLou!

B

biglou

If you want to include some info to help someone in choosing a gift for you, by all means do so. As for playing santa: "Fat belly? Check. Gray beard? Check"!!! Actually, Grecian has become a good friend of mine last year or so. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Good idea Lou - I like it!! For price range... how about $20-$30? Or $30-$40? I think it would be best for people to give you some sort of a wish list as Natalie mentioned... but of course the buyers could be creative and figure out something else.

Last edited:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Also... why not close this up even earlier? Like Nov. 15th? I think giving people 2 weeks to decide if they want to participate should be sufficient?

That way we have more time to shop (via online, going to MX shops, etc.). Plus I want to get my shopping done early this year ;) (I always say that and it NEVER happens).

B

biglou

$20-30 is what I was going to suggest. So that what it shall be!

I think most of us know what everyone rides and what type of riding they do for the most part. If you want to throw in anything with your address, just say so. Otherwise, I will just pass on your name and ship to address. :)

Oh, if you know I already have your address, no need to resend it. I will contact those that I need more info from as the deadline draws near.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Dang that sounds like fun. For those interested im getting a YZ450F and would really like a DR.D exhaust ! :p j/k!

Can Canadian's play? :whiner:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by 96whyzee125
Canadian, doesn’t it cost something like $20 to $30 just to send an empty box to Canada? :confused:
I hope I get him. I have lots of empty boxes ;)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I see where this is going, no one wants the Canadian kid. He's the foreign kid, he's weird :( He probably likes weird foreign stuff. He lives in an Igloo, they don't have a shipping service, do they have pens to write letters? :whiner:

That's fine.....im fine.....ill just go hang out in the corner.....sniff......sniff

:confused: No it doesn't cost 30 bucks LOL!

B

biglou

OK, update: Nov. 15th is the signup deadline. Ship your gifts off anytime after the 30th, or even before, I guess. Once the deadline passes, I will notify everyone via PM or Email who's name I drew for them and what their address is. CR can play, right? I've never shipped anything to Canada, so I don't know. I can't imagine it could be that much more than the states?

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Okay so this is how it works. Normally shipping to Canada is about 5 bucks more, 10 at the tops.

147leeman send me a pipe in a huge box and it cost 28 bucks, apparently to go to CA he said it was going to be 21.

So it varies, and when you do ship to Canada (Or when I ship to the States)

There is a decleration of goods. Here you just write what you are sending, then how much it's worth, and if it's a GIFT or not.
And since this truly is a christmas gift I shouldn't get tagged customs duty on it. Since they tax me the amout of the claimed value OVER 50 dollars. Bottom line it shouldn't be a prob.

And no ice makers arn't needed, I allready got ice all over my track :whiner:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'm in Lou. I'll send a email with address and all.
PS, the cable is on the way.

Top Bottom