XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
kawicam250 said:
id hate to see that go through, Makita Suzuki wont have any more representatives in the 450 class :bang: .
I'm sure they'll have their hooks in someone soon enough. Maybe they'll lure Milsaps back.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
kawicam250 said:
id hate to see that go through, Makita Suzuki wont have any more representatives in the 450 class :bang: .
WOuld be nice if The Man lured in Poto.

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
rickyd said:
WOuld be nice if The Man lured in Poto.

Kawasaki would be foolish to let Villopoto go, they have had him since his amateur days but it is tough to have two top competitors under the same tent, meet their salary requirments, and keep both happy. It's funny we are already discussing the silly season and we are only one National into the outdoor season.

Last edited:

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Somehow I don't think Makita Suzuki would be too upset to see Hot Sauce go. I like Tedesco, but he really isn't that strong of a contender. He is at the top of the pack, but he seems to get a little flustered when the heat is on. He rides great on his on, but when Reed challenges it is a sure bet that he'll take the position within a lap. All he has to do is wait for Tedesco to case it. I'd like to see Ferry go yellow.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Tedesco has had some bad luck with injuries the last two years. When he is at 100% he certainly deserves a factory ride. But it would not surpise me if he gets dropped to make room for an up and coming rider. It would be pretty ironic if Tedesco got replaced by Alessi!

AusStumpy

Jun 2, 2007
What about Australian Dan Reardon - he may jump on board the Suzuki - he is over there trialling with 4 teams this week and Suzuki is one of them.

funkypunk97

Aug 30, 2006
There will be a few kids moving up to the 450 class that Suzuki will go after..... RDC won't let the team bet too weak while they wait for Dungey to get older.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Cool I've always like Villie, I just hope that he keeps his work ethic up. I this Tedesco is fast and he has been injured, but it seems to me that something just isn't ticking, team pressure maybe?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
kawicam250 said:

On the AMA site, the reporter says the Mike Alessi to Makita Suzuki rumor is a 'done deal'. Learning from The Man could be the best thing that ever happens to Alessi.

The KTM boss is confirming their 450 team next year will be Nick Wey and Martin Davalos. They will also have 4 yet unnamed Lites riders. The speculation is they will have a third MX/SX rider, either Michael Byrne or Travis Preston.

Townley to Honda with a 2 year deal is unconfirmed but widely accepted as fact.

Other silly season stuff in the links here: http://www.amamotocross.com/index.php?UID=eN3NUN3ciK2gQjxyxWV7gFD15KwH6O

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Suzuki should have a pretty strong team. I had read where Nick Wey wanted out of his contract but MDK put a stop to it.

DirtBikeDave, you called it with Allessi going to Suzuki :cool:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
That'll be good for Mike, he is showing some good speed and I think that with a little Rodger input, he'll be right there all the time.

I'll wait until it happens ,before I "believe the hype" though :laugh:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I would think Roger is sweating bullets over taking on Alessi.........seeing as his dad probably comes with the package.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
I would think Roger is sweating bullets over taking on Alessi.........seeing as his dad probably comes with the package.
My guess would be Roger made it clear that if daddy gets in the way he won't be welcome in the pits. Decoster just does not seem to me to be the type that will allow that type of distraction in his camp. That could also be just what Mike needs to get his act together and perform up to his potential

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
RacerX is reporting it is confirmed.

Makita Suzuki Signs Mike Alessi

Up-and-coming rider excited to join multi-championship-winning team

BREA, Calif., (July 30, 2007) – American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) announced today that Team Makita Suzuki Racing has signed former amateur champion Mike Alessi to race the all-new Makita Suzuki RM-Z450 in the AMA Supercross and AMA Motocross series beginning in 2008.

“I could not be more excited about the opportunity to become part of the American Suzuki racing family for the 2008/2009 seasons,” said Alessi. “The results that Suzuki's racing teams have earned in the past several years, in all forms of racing in the U.S., speak for themselves. To have the opportunity to work with professionals like Roger DeCoster, Ray Tetherton and the entire team is something I'm really looking forward to.

“I will miss working with the wonderful people I've come to know at KTM during the past few years. As a company, KTM has provided me with a lot of support and has been instrumental in the progress of my professional career. I hope that everyone at KTM is as proud of the results I've been able to earn as I am.”

The 19-year-old started racing minibikes when he was 3 years old and won dozens of regional championships. After capturing his 11th title at the prestigious AMA Loretta Lynn’s Amateur Motocross Championship, he turned Pro at age 16 and went on to podium in his second-ever AMA Motocross at Steel City in 2004. A factory ride followed shortly thereafter and, since then, Alessi has more than proven his mettle in both AMA Supercross and AMA Motocross. The Southern Californian is currently fifth overall in AMA Toyota Motocross, thanks to two podium finishes so far this season. In 2006, Alessi finished second overall in AMA Motocross Lites with a win and seven podiums, and fourth overall in AMA Supercross Lites with two podiums and two top-five finishes.

“We are very excited to have Mike join Team Makita Suzuki,” said Team Makita Suzuki Manager Roger DeCoster. “While Mike has been the subject of a bit of controversy in the past, we feel he has reached a turning point in his career and will put forth the effort necessary to succeed. He is a highly motivated young man and his recent accomplishments in the 2007 AMA Motocross series have shown that he has the skill and determination to get the results we are all looking for.”

Currently, Alessi lives in Victorville, California with his family and his brother, Jeff, who also races AMA Motocross and Supercross. When he’s not busy riding and training, he spends what downtime he has with his girlfriend, Danielle, and their dog, Holeshot.

“The signing of Mike Alessi completes our current team roster for 2008,” added DeCoster. “Team Makita Suzuki will consist of Ryan Dungey and Nico Izzi competing aboard the 2008 Makita Suzuki RM-Z250 in the SX and MX Lites classes. In the SX and MX classes, David Vuillemin and Mike will ride the all-new, fuel-injected 2008 RM-Z450. We are looking forward to next season with great expectations for our new riders and our brand-new bike.”

Top Bottom