Honestly, What would you do

what would you do?

• drive by his house slowly for hours on end

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • wait until 2am and sneak into his shed to see what's there

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • walk up and say, "Gee my bike was stolen, any idea who it mighta been?"

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • leave the bastage be. You have no hard eveidence, and you'll just end up getting yourself into troub

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • run up to him and pop him in the shnozz. Call him a scumbag, and walk home

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • let insurance buy me at least part of a new bike; chalk it up to a lesson learned, and move on

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
as most of you know, I had my bike stolen last week. I have my suspicions as to who the perp is. But that's all I have suspicions. there is no evidence at all. He's just a local scumbag, drug adict who has been known to steal stuff from time to time.

what would you do?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
I've done the drive-by thing, it don't work well. Throw on all that camo you got for turkey hunting and go scope his place out. If you see it, call the cops and let 'em know you "saw it outside".

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
From what you told me earlier, it sounds like you may get problems from this crack head. I know how tempting it is to go after him though. :flame:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
I couldn't just let it be so I voted for the driving by for hours on end. If it was me I'd probably keep the guy under some sort of surveillance for awhile and put out some feelers with anyone who I felt could get me info. No friends or contacts within the local Sheriffs office? Just be smart PK and don't do anything to get yourself in a jam unless your willing to follow the advice someone posted in the other thread of "Shoot first, bury em deep and deny deny deny." :laugh:

Dang, you can only vote once! I chose drive by his house slowly for hours on end but am torn between that and wait until 2am and sneak into his shed to see what's there, but run up to him and pop him in the shnozz. Call him a scumbag, and walk home also sounded good.

I think in the great words of Billywho, "co-op" manuevers are in order! :debil: I mean it's RI for peets sake how many suspects could there be? Four, five? ;) Chances are your suspicions are correct.

nikki

Moto Junkie
I wish I could vote more than once too...

This is what I would do though...

Find someone who is your friend and looks scumbag-ish. Have them somehow get the word out that they wanna buy a bike (or some part from your bike). Hopefully the scum will produce to make a $.

Or call the police if you have suspect he's guilty. Tell em his neighbor said they saw the bike or something.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
I would definitely want to get a peek in his shed, now to do this legally could be a problem.

Give the guy a call from a nearby callbox, say the cops are on the way to find the stolen bike, then stake him out and see what happens.

srellis

Lifetime Sponsor
I'd be really careful. He's probably got friends that are even scarier than he is. I'd let the police handle it and let them look in his shed.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
I voted to checkout the shed. Only i would sneak by and look around the ground for evidence of a bike. You know knobbys leave imprints. Try to see what is around but as you know, he will have to eventually move it from there and will be doing it at night. The longer you wait to see if its actually there, the more time he has to get it out of there where you wont be able to find it.

or, you could make an annyomous call about a drug dealer living there and let the cops stake him out. That should make him nervous.

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Just remember the old saying "what goes around comes around". What I would do it put an add in the local pennysaver along with a picture of your bike to let people in the area it's stolen. I've seen that work to get a bum or two. Or not and get the insurance money and get a new ride.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
Take a look in the shed. If he took it it's probably long gone. If it's there then call 100 of your closest friends and retrieve it. Then stone the bastage, burn the house and bulldoze it.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Go ring his doorbell and ask him if he has seen anything suspicious or heard of anybody trying to unload a bike. See how he reacts. If he gets sketchy, ask him to see his shed. Go over in a tank top with beefy ravioli smeared on the front, shorts and raise an eyebrow when you talk to him so he thinks you're a bit OTL (out to lunch)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
N. Texas SP
Originally posted by Chili
advice someone posted in the other thread of "Shoot first, bury em deep and deny deny deny." :laugh:
OMG, I've been quoted!

PK, bottom line, if you can't see it in the open, DON"T take yourself down to his level.&nbsp; Now, if you see it, feel free to take him to a lower level, MUCH lower.;)

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
A friend told you they saw it in his shed. Ask the police to check it out.

Whatever you do, don't go there at 2:00 am...that's probably when he's wired and ready. Now, 5:30 am....

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
Take advantage of your size. Go right to the front door. Get him involved in a conversation that's just 'suggestive' enough so as to make him fear for his life, then start talking about your bike and how you "know where it is" and if "said abductee of said bike would turn it over" you would not turn him in. I'd start there. It's effective and legal.

The other options could get you a trespassing hit, or something worse, if he's got weapons.