How long can I ride on 1 tank of gas?

KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
I'm getting ready to buy my first bike and have all but settled on the KDX220. I'll probably get one that is two or three years old. Just out of curiosity, how long can I ride trails on average before I need to fill the tank again? Matt

crazymike

Aug 10, 2000
Farthest I've rode is for 120kms or about 75 miles. I figured I was nearing turning on reserve. Reserve is probably good for another 30kms. But I would never plan a trip where I thaught I would need reserve. Because you never know how back tracking will be needed :p

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You will not get an answer that is worth anything...to you. The reason is that the answer varies too much.

I've gotten as little as 25 miles out of a tank of fuel.

I've gotten as much as 80+ miles out of a tank of fuel.

The first was at sea level (jetted to suit) on the sand with a paddle tire.

The second was at 4000'el., 80º (jetted to suit) in the mountains on a lot of shared use road.

This also will get you hugely varied opinion...but what are your reasons for buying a 220? You have researched the differences between the 200/220 and do have reasons I presume?

I'm not hawking the 200...as long as you know what you're buying and why, that's fine. If you don't know why...you should.

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
nickyd said:
c'mon....nobody said it...I can't resist.....the answer is.....Until its empty....sorry, couldn't resist....

LoL! I was waiting for someone to throw that answer out! :)

For me, I never rely on my onboard reserve and use my O'Neal hydration pack to replenish my expended fuel supply thru the breather hose... One long squeeze of the bladder is good for about 10 miles...

Kind of sucks though when I get thirsty and forget...

heh... just kidding :)

bereal

Aug 31, 2004
Mileage

Over fourth of july I hit 86 miles before having to hit the reserve with my 125 lb girlfriend on the back! (I custom made footpegs with a welded bracket on the sub-frame that I mounted yamaha fj6 passenger pegs on.) Before that my best was 95 miles and I never went to the reserve and there was about a half a gallon of fuel left in the tank. This all was at 8000 to 10000 feet between 50and 70 degrees.

Eric

Top Bottom