dirty-d

Apr 20, 2001
dude, its all about progression! If your crashin every time you ride, your pushing yourself. Some people just dont have the nuts, so they just take it easy, its all about keepin it fun. make sure your really having fun. Top pros eat it hard!

------------------

cr125_king

Apr 2, 2001
I crash lots and hard.Last year, first ride on my RM 250, I tried wheeling over a wet log on a side angle>I went over the bars,and had a sore head.Next I was racing at a harescramble, and I was coming down this hill in 4th gear, hit a big rock ,went over the bars,knocked myself out,busted my helmet visor,and got road rash.After that crash I went out and bought all new equipment.My next big crash was a stupid one,I got tangles up in two ruts on a wet muddy road.I went down hard, but not over the bars.I scratched the hell on the back of my new fox roost 2 chest protector,and put a nice scrape down the side of my new fox helmet.And my newest crash in 2001 is I built a step-up in a gravel pit(about a 40-50 foot gap, but the landing was alot higher than the take of.The take off on this jump was steep.Anyways, I was the first, and only one to hit the jump.I hit it in 4th gear going pretty good, and i went sraight up, I tried bailing,My face landed on my bars(with no bar pad>stupid eh< )I put a huge/deep scrape by the mouth piece on my helmet, and I had a big scrape on my neck, along with the biggest headache.We had a video camra there but didnt get this one on tape.In all of my crashes (there's alot more than I said here), I get hurt alot more than my bike>which is fine with me,but I have still never broken a bone.

------------------
1996 CR 250

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I used to fall at least once every ride but I haven't really been doing that lately. But I know I am still progressing because I have faster laps every time I ride. Maybe I'm just being smart and safe about it, or maybe I'm just lucky.

------------------
97 YZ 80
2001 Sponsor(s):
O'neal/Azonic

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I havent crashed in 4 rides, but I used to be known by my buddies as, "sir crash". The norm for me was 2 times a lap in turns untill I grew, now I can handle the 125. Also, at least twice a year, I have a bone breaking crash trying to do some big jumps at a local track. I am done with those jumps, I will never be seen go going over those ones again.

------------------
Aaron's web site

BullDog KX125

Mar 9, 2001
honestly, im terrified of breaking bones, im a wuss. i generally dont do jumps, if i break a bone it will totally screw up my confidence and will take me forever just to ride at a normal speed again. =(

------------------
1995 KX 125
16 years old
email me at tyrant_187187@yahoo.com

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
My falls are mild compared to most of the people who are posting. Yeah, I fall on every ride. However the falls are at slow speeds because I am contstantly trying to master a new hill in my trail riding. Often I will try a new and impressive hill several times in a row before I make it. However, I am learning. Often thought by me: "I cannot BELIEVE I rode up that new hill!" And my worst hill failure was only a broken finger. :) It did not kill me so I MUST be stronger? :confused:

------------------
It is allright to be afraid. Ya just can't let fear dictate your actions.

KawBoy

Aug 11, 1999
Among some of my riding buddies I've gained a reputation for never going down. I hate to crash. But... It happens from time to time. I had one fall this weekend, nothing serious thank goodness. Before that the last time I went down was a couple months ago at Bremen (twice in the first turn).

------------------
Mike / 1988 KX500 / www.georgiaoffroad.com

Dirteater

Jan 24, 2001
I constantly fall trying to look cool: Like hitting a berb so hard the bike is at an angle downward, or flattracking on a paddle. Stupid stuff.
I agree 100% that when I am going fast and I trust the bike I don't fall. It's when I start seccond guessing the bikes ability that it gets upset and kicks me off.

------------------
Ridin' till I can't
'98 RMX250
'84 XR250r
Laid to rest:
'73 TC125

yznofear747

Aug 7, 2000
I just started racing last August. I raced almost the whole fall series, and i crashed in about 3 of the 5 weekends. On my 5th race i was going alot faster that weekend then i had been going before, and because i was pushing myself, i fell/crashed 3 times in the second moto ( not including practice the day before and the 1st moto). Since then, i started riding alot more, and i started pushing myself all the time. At first i fell alot, but then i stopped falling and rarely fell. This could be though, that i was mainly on my track at my house that i have pretty much dialed in. But i did stop falling. 2 weeks ago i stayed at Marty Smith's house (he has a mx clinic just like gary semics) and i rarely fell. He had me on a 125, and it was really the first time i had rode one. It was hard to get use to (im only 15 and 5'4 or5'5)b/c it was so tall. i did fall the first day. I never crashed, I just fell over when i would stop the bike, or try to turn it up hill (the 1st day we didnt go to a mx track). The next 4 days I only fell once on an mx track, and that was b/c my front tire washed out in a turn at elsinore. Marty taught me to start riding smooth, and ride at the speed that pushes myself a little, but not so over my head that im making mistakes. If you do that youll learn to ride smooth, not make mistakes, and youll get faster without making mistakes like the other guys.

------------------

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I usually fall once or twice every ride. First fall was the worst. 15 foot ditch, big rocks and failing to use the front brake(you can guess what happened). Second fall was only about a month ago. Trying a hillclimb, a little to steep for my newbie skills, pulled a wheelie, let of the gas and just put her down on her sides. 2 days ago, showing off like a ass, trying to spin donuts in wet clay, whipped out. Only the first crash hurt, the hill climb, I brought the bike down and repeated myself until I made it to the top. I learn so much after each rid it's scary.

------------------
'91 RM 250

jtiger12

Feb 15, 2001
I agree with dirteater

i havn't taken a spill on my bike in half a year.. Even though I nix it up with A class on our practice track.. When they do happen though, it is usually just a stupid mistake, like dropping it in a turn and ripping a grip..

I have been operantly conditioned to think this way about riding..
"Wow, those ruts in the jump face are huge, and soaking wet.. I guess I won't try that jump today"

I'm in riding for the long haul, I'm too old to turn pro.. I'll get that triple next week when the ground is dry..

MX Madman

Oct 7, 2000
Back in Jan. I bit it hard in the whoops at Riverview;I landed under the rear tire with the bike pinned in 3rd.My left leg was ground beef!
Then Sat night second moto at Bremen: good start,guy gose down hard in the first turn(FAST turn,ask kawboy!),his bike pogo`s into me...7 go down.But I did manage to pick up a spot or two before the flag.

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
going down sucks! i am just getting back to riding after about 15 years and damn it is painful trying to get it back! my first ride i went down a couple times, once real painful as i tried to wheelie over a little creek and wound up bouncing my chest off the bars and over the front of the bike... my second ride it was a miracle cause although i came close i never went down... third ride i broke one of my ribs... 4th ride i went down 3 times and the 5th twice... i sure hope i can stop beating myself up soon cause it is starting to piss me off! maybe its just those big hills that your whole bike fits in the rut and there is no way to put a foot down, or even get it off the peg! :D those ones dont bother me near as much as the ones that just take you down fast and hard with no warning or obvious reason! those are the ones that hurt inside too! anyway, its all good!

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
The one thing I hate about crashing is that once you do it, whatever you did to crash makes you afraid to try that again. So you are afraid to get better at what you messed up on.

wroof

Sep 6, 2000
buzzbomb,
not really, usually before i crash i would be trying to ride smart look out for this n that n not fall but once i crash, esp if it leaves me half covered in mud n i've soaked up half of that mud puddle, i just simple get fed up just heck it n ride.
sometimes it works out, sometimes i just crash more!:think

motor86

Dec 25, 1999
I have changed a lot since I posted in this a while ago. I have fallen 10 or more times since then. I do mean "fell." I have never crashed, just tipped it over. One time I was on my off road course and came to the log bridge after it had rained. I hit it fast and it is on a corner so the front end left me. Other times are when I am just opening up a new section and right at the top of a steep climb is a 180 degree turn. I came up and I couldn't make the corner and the front end washed out. I will know better next time and build the course in a rideable way.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I fall. Normally when I can't reach the ground or using the brakes. Other than that I am great. I agree with RMguy. I push limits. But not enough. I plan to sunday at seaford Mx in deleware. I am going to go crazy and try something new! Going Fast! with power on around ALL of the berm.:cool: :cool:

theshiftkid99

Posts Too Much
Mar 21, 2001
I know it's sad but I really good day of riding for me is when I don't crash, needless to say I don't have that many good riding days, I should post the pics of my junk pile from my 95yz,
a dozen broken levers
6 busted rear fenders
1 busted front fender
2 sets of cracked side panels
??? number of bars
1 subframe
1 busted seat
and the list goes on

oh yah and the new CR
1 busted rad
1 busted left rad shroud!

so yah I crash it hapens, my goal this year is to lower my ratio of crashing time /riding time

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I very rarely fall and when I do its usually a stupid low speed get off. I believe that usaually it may be due in part to me losing some concentration on easy stuff. I try to ride on the verge, but stay away from the really scary situations. That said, swapping is often a normal occurance for me, as are great saves. Not that i'm a great rider, I just seem to get lucky.

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
How often do I fall?...... every da_ m time I buy something new it seems like.:( Just bought a new pair of FOX YAMAHA pants, second ride out 5" gash in the knee area( I had on knee pads:p ) New helmet 1st ride out, lapper came across and took me out, big gash in the chin gaurd, (thank god for chin gaurds) arrrrgghhh... not going to buy anything new!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom