How to set-up my suspensions????

Leandro

Aug 9, 2002
I've decided to chanqe my bike from my KDX 200 model 96 to a Yamaha WR 250 model 99. In fact, I have alredy bougth the new one. The only problem that I have is the suspensions. It's quit diferrent than the KDX, I don't feel they are working well while riding in rocks, moods or trail competitions, they are really hard. Most riders have told me that WR 250 have hard suspensions.
I need your help to try to set up the suspension of the WR 250 to feel it like the KDX or at least as close as possible. What can I do???

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
the first thing I would try would be to make sure the suspension is set up properly.
If you follow this link , and scroll down to the bottom to the MX-Tech tuning guide; you will find instructions on how to adjust your suspension.
If, after following those instructions, you still feel that the suspension is too stiff it may be time to seek a pro tuner to help you sort out your suspension problem.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…