How to tell what bend a stock bar is?

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
I had some Tag T2 bars on my bike for about a year, they are great bars but the bend is not right for me, i think it is like sx bend or something. I put my stock bars(03 cr125) back on and the bend is awesome. It's perfect for me, but since the stockers are peices of scrap metal, I dont want to keep them on there because i know they will get thrashed in the first wash out. How would i find out what bend the stock bars are? CR-lo?? thanks

gxdragon

Nov 13, 2002
I'm not sure but I think these are the dimensions of the stock bars that renthal is showing.

http://renthal.com/site/products/hbdims/mxdims.asp

markthomps

Sponsoring Member
May 27, 2000
The vast majority of bars out there will be either low-CR or high-CR, with some YZ and KX versions as well. Your CR's stock bars are low-CR. You can find these lots of places. The differences between most bars is only a few mm one way or another, although some oddball bends get sold as well.

roadrash1

Sep 14, 2003
Ditto that about the oddball bends. Some of these fall under the "rider name" category. My friend had some of the jimmy button bend renthals. They had a ton of rise...ape-hangers for the dirt! I really like the CR-low, but maybe because that is what I have always been used too.......

crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
my old t2's were sx bend.. they actually continued to go up at an angle.. they never levels off at the grips. plus they had a really large sweep so i was always popping in and outta ruts. now its so much better with the cr -lo bend. thanks for the replies guys.

Top Bottom