Bob Brooks

Jan 6, 2001
A group of us from Illinois are taking a long weekend riding trip in a couple of weeks to Oklahoma and Texas. I have a buddy who lives in Lawton, OK and he's going to show us around. We're riding at Lake Murray in Ardmore, OK one day, possibly Rush Springs in OK for half a day, spending at least one day at Muenster, Texas and one day at Draper Lake in OKC. I've ridden at Muenster, several years back, and I definitely liked that place. Anyone ridden there recently? What kind of conditions can we expect this time of year? We'll be riding the weekend of February 15-18. How about the other places we're hitting? Thanks for the info.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Bob,
Muenster is always a blast. we just had a VERY heavy rain in N. Texas (well over 3" last night at my house) but there is so much sand it should drain well. Lots of big whoops in the sand and always some tight trails (but for me they are all that way)
the TORO guys ran out there a few weeks ago, hopefully they chime in here.
wear clothing for the wind chill. forecastss between 40-50 degrees but the north wind can make it a nadshrinker :scream:

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Muenster

Was there last weekend after the rain week and it was perfect, if not a little dusty....so the week and next should be awesome! !! drop me a line and I'll show you some trails..

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Bob;

It just so happens several of us from the Ozarks area are planning a trip down that way on the same weekend. We are planning on riding Muenster, a new MX track at Durant, OK and Lake Murray. But, we may be able to squeeze some others in there. We are just planning on a weekend, though.

I've been to Muenster a few times and Murray once. The weather is kind of hit & miss this time of year (like several inches of snow right now!), but it shouldn't be unrideable. Have you ever been to Bill's Woods? Maybe we can hook up and get a ride in together? ;)

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
Bills woods is closed they have a fence up where you get to the woods....and good luck with the track in Durant....It took me almost 3 months to walk after the place ....Oh did I mention that when I was in the Ortho's office (in Durant) I met another victim-same time, same office, same track.......:p

Still waiting to see the Orange bike get run over again ( I hope its atleast broken in now)

wfocrusty

Nov 2, 2001
Hey MT.....how's it hangin'?

According to some very unreliable sources (you & XRboy, I believe!), you can gain entrance to Bill's woods if you talk to the right people. :debil:

Did the guy you met in the ortho's office happen to be riding a 300 KTM and named Wade (he owns the KTM dealership in Durant and is a friend of mine)? He snapped his collar bone there right after the track opened. LOL, that would be quite a coincidence! As a matter of fact, his uncle is the one who is planning the trip down to Muenster.

You think you might be able to hook up with us down there? That is, if you're all healed up! :cool:

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
We would definitely be interested in hooking up with any of you guys while we're in the area. Ours will be just a long weekend trip as well. We'll be arriving at Lake Murray sometime Friday afternoon. We'll probably ride at Lake Murray on Saturday, February 16 and Muenster on Sunday the 17th and then head up to Draper at OKC on Monday the 18th before making the trek back to Illinois. There will be a group of about ten of us, maybe a few more or less, depending on last minute drop-outs and additions. :cool:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
now dont get me wrong

murray vs menster is not a fair fight. murray is a great place to ride because of one reason. its free! the only other pluses are that your bike wont rust and the trails are flat which is good for kids. muenster on the other hand is a2500 acre playground. there is terrain technical enough for trails bikes, sand for beaches and enough trails for major loopage. the arrows should still be up after the recent race.

Top Bottom