Hungry Valley/Gorman March 16, 17 or 18?

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Yup, Saturday the 17th is the day! I guess we could call this a DRN St. Patty's Day Ride! :)

What time should we meet? 9:30, 10:00?

Let’s see, who have we got here:

gospeedracer
TTRGuy
Kiwi
Gyrros
Farmer John
sgr
aares
Thumbs + 1
Kalitude
Kevimetal
WombatKDX
Lastplace + 2

sgr, your friend Stacy have any interest in coming up again?

[This message has been edited by gospeedracer (edited 03-14-2001).]

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Dang - sounds like a great time and at a place I can ride... Spent many a weekend at Hungry Valley while living in LA.

Kali - you'll have a blast on the TTR. There are only a few trails that would give you trouble - Miller Jeep Trail & Snowy come to mind. Check off-road.com for an article on Snowy - it was a couple months ago. There are a couple of trails in the park that will remind you of Reno - nice deep sand with whoops....

TTRGuy - 1st time for sushi? this could be good. Make sure GSR takes you to the best sushi place in SB - there isn't anything worse than bad sushi.

Sure wish we could go......

Brian

Wombat

Oct 31, 1999
Great another Gorman ride! Count me in. I don't think there will be much of a problem with dust after all the precip we've had in the last month. Cya there.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
NVR FNSH - Yup, first time! Nothing worse than bad sushi huh. I'll make sure GSR samples everything before I even consider it. To me, there is something inherently wrong with NOT cooking meat but I dont think I have any way out of this now :) Can't wait for the ride and meeting some more left-coast DRN'rs. WooHoo...

------------------
2000 TTR250
TTRGuy’s Picture Page

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Aares,

Originally posted by gospeedracer:
I think the front parking lot just inside the entrance is a good place to meet. You'll pay the fee, they'll check for a green sticker and a sa, then just pull into the lot to the right.

NVR FNSH, we will NOT be going on Snowy! As far as Sushi goes... of course we’re going to be best sushi place in SB! Arigato was voted the Best of Santa Barbara, so there are no worries for a bad experience there. Yum, can’t wait! :D
Can you believe he’s never had Tri-Tip either! How do those people in the Midwest survive! ;)

I’ll add you to the list WombatKDX. It will be great to have you along again. I just hope Backbone isn’t as torn up as it was last time! :eek:

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member
Blue Ribbon Coalition Member
gospeedracer’s Picture Page

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Hey aares, hoping to arrange another big bear run, but we've got major snowpack which probably won't melt till May. David (had the ATK, but just bought an XR4) says he'll come to Gorman next weekend. See ya there.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Et tu, MtnGoat? Must even you, who have shied from every single group ride invite not held in your own backyard, finally expand your horizons whilst I'm stuck on a couch eating pringles and watching MASH reruns? Can't anyone be miserable with me? Waaaaaahhhhhh!Waaaaahhhhhh!

(omg -- to think how bad I'll be in six more weeks -- just shoot me now)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Longtime- I feel your pain. At least you can run the remote with out putting down the pringles. :)

Lastplace

Jan 4, 2000
Say Speedy: count us in. That "Mr. Unassuming" me, & my oldest (the hilltop launcher, lastplace Jr.) & youngest (RM80; lastplace extra-shorty) sons.

If the group wants, I can lead us thru the same fine & scenic loop we took B4; can cut out a section if need B.

We'll B arriving by 9am @ the paved parking lot, main entrance. I can post directions if needed, esp. 4 the norCal folks, who should consider staying in one of the area's hotels; there's an older one in Gorman, another @ the truck stop (don't eat there, tho - greasy spoon...best local food is in Bakersfield @ the basque restaruants) - the hotel was called the Good Nite Inn, last time we went by.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
AWESOME Lastplace!! I was wondering where you were. :) I'll add you and your boys to the list. But this time if “Lastplace Jr.” is going to do some more fabulous stunts like hilltop launching... make sure he waits for ME!! I missed it last time. I was busy ‘inspecting’ the ground a little more closely! ;) See you there.

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
New radiator due in on Wednesday. I'm a go.

Lastplace - Caravan?

GSR - Add one more to the list. A buddy of mine will be joining us.

TTRGuy - All the way from OK to CA for a ride.....sweet

[This message has been edited by thumbs (edited 03-12-2001).]

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Originally posted by thumbs:
TTRGuy - All the way from OK to CA for a ride.....sweet

I'll say! It's amazing what some guys'll do for a "ride". What do you think, Speedy? :p

Ol89r -- see what you made me do?

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Originally posted by TTRGuy:
SWEET doesn't begin to cover it!

Aaacccckkkkk!! Couldn't you just threaten to punch me in the nose??!! The sweet mushiness of it all -- aaaaccckkk!

Speedie -- you've taken a guy who seemed pretty manly, and reduced him to this mushiness . . . What have you done to him? Wait!! -- Don't answer that!! :eek:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Whoo Hoo! Glad you can make it Kali! I can't believe you talked Kevin into another road trip! ;) MapQuest says aprox 300 miles... depending on how fast you drive…. (I could do that in about 4 hours if not less) I would recommend leaving about 4 or 4:30am! I believe we are meeting at 9:00. If you don’t think you can make it by then, let me know and I will make sure we come back and look for you when you think you will be able to arrive.
I wanna get outta there about 3:30. You and Kevin can either follow me back or I can leave you directions to my house if you want to stay later and ride some more. You’re all good to go at my house. A room will be ready for you, real cheap too. ;)

I’ve ridden with or met most of these guys. Great bunch of people, of course! Too bad you won’t get to meet that clown Longtime... sumthin’ about an injury... whatever... I think it’s just because his bike is in the shop getting the handicap rails installed. :p

This is gonna be grrrreat!! :)

Maybe I could take another 'test' spin on that new and improved TTR?! :)

------------------
Aimee
RM125
AMA Member

[This message has been edited by gospeedracer (edited 03-12-2001).]

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hey, LT! Don't blame me. I'm outta here, you guy's are making me blush. :eek:

Ol'89r

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Kali,
Just bite the bullet and go down Friday night & do the hotel thing - you'll enjoy the riding much more....

Thumbs - you should have seen the happy couple in Reno. TTR sure seemed like a manly guy but I can understand his dilemma - a good looking, smart woman that rides and won't date anybody that doesn't ride - who could pass up the opportunity. I had to ask Kali if what I thought was going on was really going on... Isn't the internet an amazing thing - boy, am I glad that Al Gore invented it.

Brian

Top Bottom