Hungry Valley/Gorman March 16, 17 or 18?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
thumbs, what year is your CR? I have a spare 97-99 radiator(you just have to zip tie the shrouds on)

gsr, I thought we were not going to hear from you today.......... ;)

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.timekeepersmc.com" TARGET=_blank>www.timekeepersmc.com
</A> 97 CR 250
I like 4 strokes...got one in my truck.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Originally posted by TTRGuy:
Seriously though, sometimes you have to go a little farther to find PERFECTION :D

Aaaaacckkk!!!! Here we go again. I mean come on, TTR, you know she has a glass eye, don't you? (Everone -- Just move side to side while you're talking to her -- it's the one that doesn't track).

As to Ol89r -- I'm glad he had one of his lucid moments and was able to join us, if just for a second. I hate it when he gets lost just wandering the hills. At least we all just nod and smile appreciatively when he tells us he was out "cutting some new single track."

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by gospeedracer:
I won't be online after tomorrow so I will see you all Saturday morning!

AFTER tomorrow, meaning AFTER Thursday (now today!) :) As of 5:00 today, I am outta here! Can you tell I am getting loads of work done today! :eek:

Farmer John

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
gsr, my bad.
I did some work once....caught my boss completly unprepared. :p

------------------
</A> 97 CR 250

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I think I'm gonna be ill with all this sappy stuff going on here...

GSR - yeah, that's it. TTR was talking about perfect riding conditions - just not the dirtbiking kind :)

Have a great weekend, wish we could join everybody for dirtbiking & sushi. Maybe if I tell her sushi is involved she'll change her mind?

Brian

sgr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 14, 2000
SoCal
Originally posted by thumbs:
I'm going to see if I can get a loaner bike from a friend. I can't miss another one of these great rides.

thumbs, you don't need a loaner bike. The way I ride, you could just jog along and keep me company. :p

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I think I'm back in. I found a guy that says " I can fix that". We will see come to tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Farmer John - Check your Email. Thanks for the offer.

Originally posted by sgr:
thumbs, you don't need a loaner bike. The way I ride, you could just jog along and keep me company. :p

Thanks for the offer but I have already spent to much time running alongside my son on his xr100.

Kali - Were you really in GSR's brain or do the two of you share one. ;)
BTW - thanks for the offer of the TTR. I hear they are great bikes.

------------------
It always gets worse before it gets better.

Lastplace

Jan 4, 2000
That's alright y'all; have some fun @ my expense *now* while U can...muuuhhaa, ha! (rubbing hands together)

The idabolical trail boss pictures this: Sat. evening, as they get left behind, stranded somewhere in the wilderness "I've been out of water for hours now...which way were we suppose to follow? They left us here on this remote trail to - to - die, perhaps? It's getting awfully late, I mean, it's getting cold, dark and, and, I'M AFRAID!!! OMG! What, what was that in the bush? Eeeeekkkkk...."

Farmer John

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I always have a space blanket & emergency overnight provisions. I've even used them a few times to make sure I had what I needed.

------------------
</A> 97 CR 250

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Radiator didn't hold. I'm out. :(

Have fun and be safe. :)

thumbs

------------------

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Hey Thumbs. Do you think your radiator can be heli arc welded? If so, let me know, I might be able to fix it for you.
LP. Take em on Snowy trail. :p

Have fun everyone. We will be waiting for a ride report.

Ol'89r

Farmer John

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
thumbs, remember, all it has to do is hold water. If you have to remove 1 or 2 rails it will still be okay.

kali, no cell phone this weekend. I had to order my new one & it won't be in until moday. I will call you when I am ready to hit the road from Hollister & see where you are.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Kali - That's it. I'm there one way or another. I might bring my son's XR100 if any one wants to putt around. I can bring the BBQ if anyone is interested.

Bike or no bike the best part about these rides is meeting all the cool people.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Looks like I'll miss this one because of a race at Starwest tomorrow. I went to their practice last night and decided that if I couldn't make any of the jumps, I would go to the trail ride instead. Unfortunately, I was able to clear a few :).

I had a great time at the last Gorman ride.

The report should be a good read.

------------------
Holeshot's Page

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
With much thanks to Ol'89r me and my CR are back in. A little cut here and a little weld there and I'm good to go.

See ya in the dirt!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'm in ... see you at 9 sharp up front.

------------------
The Eel
97 XR 250R

Farmer John

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Just need to load the truck & I'm on the road.

------------------
</A> 97 CR 250

SLEEZ

Nov 14, 2000
My buddies and I are thinking about going to HV on Sun.
A friend of mine is going to get a new CR250 tomorrow and we were wondering if it would be a problem getting in w/out the bike having a red or green sticker.

Farmer John

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I had a great time!
kali, you are welcome! I always take my turn riding sweep. I still remember when I would always be last, I can remember impatient sweep riders, I can remember being left behind, & I can remeber patient sweep riders. I know which I liked best.

Kiwi, I cannot go to Jawbone till mid April. Just to much going on the next 3 weeks.

Riding with everyone was awsome!

Lastplace, tell me what you feed your kids. I want my 2 to grow up as intelligent, respectful, & polite as the 2 that I met!

Lets see how I do on remembering who was there.
gospeedracer
TTRguy
thumbs
thumbs buddy on the YZ - hows his hip today????
Kiwi
Dave (kiwi's buddy on the YZ400/426)
eel
Gyrros
sgr - that bike is to cool!
Kalitude
Kevimetal
WombatKDX
Lastplace & his 2 sons
thumbs

and I cannot remember more names...I can remember more faces, but not names.

I had a good enough time that I did not race on sunday. Took my 6 y/o son riding instead. :)

Thanks to everyone!

------------------
</A> 97 CR 250

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
So Kali - what trails did you ride? Did you get up into the forest or did you stay in the SVRA?

Anja & I went to Middle Creek yesterday - rode trail 6. Beautiful trail, far enough away from everything else that we saw only 2 other bikes out there. How are you on downhills? When are you & Kevin coming north for a day?

Brian

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
All I can say is WOW! Great weather, great terrain, great people and a great day in the dirt. I'm really glad I got to meet a few more awesome DRN'ers.

I'll leave the details of bikes over the edge, broken shift lever on the trail, and rim deep creeks to someone else.

Farmer - I'm glad to see that I made your list twice. I'm liking the radiator guards that you have. What kind are they? I got to get some.

Kali & Kevin - Guess who is getting horseback riding lessons? That's right, my girlfriend. We went horseback riding on Sunday (monkey butt city)and before I new it I was signing her up (Shhhhh.....It's a surprise). Now I just got to get her one of those sweet TTR's like you have. Kevin, don't let Kali get away to the east coast she's a keeper. Unless of course she gets a plot of land large enough for a MX track in her backyard.

Once again Lastplace was a great trail boss and his sons were a pleasure to be around. The youngest get faster every time I see him.

GSR & TTRGuy - They are the cute couple. Sorry I did get to talk with you guy to much. So many people and so little time.

Kiwi - Fast, fast, fast. Gotta love that 500. But for those of you that don't know, he talks kinda funny. ;)

Eric - It was nice to actually ride with you. I may try the TWMC enduro in April if you have an interest?

sgr - I never would have been able to run along side of you. You ride better than you give yourself credit for. That's one cool bike you have.

For those of you that I didn't get a chance to talk to.....next time.

In short, I'm glad I got to put some names with some faces and meet some really cool people.

BTW - My buddy Dave on YZ125 is a bit stiff, but other than that he is OK. Thanks for asking. I have now officially named him - Digger Dave

I almost forgot. A special thanks to Ol'89r,
my radiator worked like a charm. Not a drop of coolant was lost. :D

------------------

[This message has been edited by thumbs (edited 03-19-2001).]

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Just another great weekend!

Thanks to Lastplace for being trailguide. Kudos to you for raising such great kids.

Good to meet(again) so many friendly DRNers and have such a cool group to ride with.

Farmer John - I go to Jawbone all the time so let me know when you will be going. In the mean time I'll keep an eye out for the AfterShock crowd.

Eel - give me a call in the evening (818) 774-9351 about the springs.

Good to hear "Digger Dave" is OK - that was a nasty place to crash.

How about 2 days next time so we can camp out - I'm picking Jawbone (of course!) as there is lots for all skill levels to do.

Kiwi

Top Bottom