Racers Edge

Jan 22, 2001
I'm back! Finally got both casts off a little over a week ago. Still going to be a while tell I can dirtbike but I've been playing around on my sportbike for a while now. Don't have all the strength back yet in either hand but I'm hoping to soon so I can go dirtbiking! I'm starting college now in a different area though so can't even bring the bike with me, but am bringing sportbike. I almost have full movement in right wrist also, but the doctor says It probably will never be how it use to. If anyone wants to see the X-Ray I'll scan it and post it somewhere.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Go ahead and post it!! Always game for some good x-ray pics. It will slow me down and make me remember I am not J McGrath out there and just another spode.

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Re: Re: I crashed, BAD!

Originally posted by mx547

there is nothing more humbling than having someone else wipe your...well, nevermind.:D

LOL . . . When I broke both of my legs last year, my main goal 3 days after surgury ( it takes a while for your bowels to start working again after morphine) was to not have the nurse have to wipe my "nevermind" or use a bed pan. I somehow got in the wheelchair and slid on to the throne. It was only then that I knew that somehow everything was " ok " . :D Of course , it was also the nurse who inserted the horse-pill-sized suppository 17 minutes earlier. I know fair is fair, but I had my dignity to worry about!:cool:

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
Good luck with a FULL recovery, as well.

Glad to hear all is going as planned. If the doc. says the right wrist won't be the same, don't take his word for it - they always are conservative on optimism for liability reasons? It is truly amazing how the body heals and adapts.

kx100

Moron
May 7, 2001
yikes!

my girlfriend took a pretty bad crash this weekend, we where up at cow mountain, coming down the mountain and we hit a steep, sharp turn with a buncha loose dirt, I came through it fine, then I look back and she comes flying around the corner, had to be atleast 20/25mph! slams into the hillside, they bike dragged her about 10' up the mountain side then she flies off of the bike about another 3-5' feet up, tumbles down, I jump off my bike while it was still moving and the only damage done to her is a few bruises!!!
I thought for sure she broke her leg or arm!

btw, glad to hear your recovery is going well! now don't re-hurt yourself on that cbr! :p

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
You better be glad they put you under .....the nerve sheet for your arm is in your ARMPIT ....I had my scoffiod split in two so they drilled and tapped ....works good now....takes a good 7 months to heal ......any falls and you crack it again real easy ....And if it gets messed up then you could lose the use of your hand.....

previous experience..... :p

You ever had a 6'' needle in your armpit ?? it was cool to watch but NEVER again.....

Top Bottom