2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Thanx to Eel and Scar for the invite out to the TWMC sweetheart enduro. :thumb:

This was my first enduro event, you would think that maybe I would have paid some attention to the bike before the ride, I didnt even clean the bike or give it the once over after the Phelan ride. :uh:

I had a great time trying to keep up with Eel and Scar. Eel, Scar, Old&slow, Kelsorat, and I were all on the same minute. I used no equipemet except my gps to log my ride, so my stratagy, stick to the guys with the knowhow and the computers. I was enjoying the trails and the varied pace the course offered, when midway thru the second loop I noticed I couldnt down shift, damn, next corner, shifter way up high. Stupidly I carried no tools and having no idea what I was doing, I wanted to stay up with the guys on our minute. I finger tightend the bolt holding the shifter, but the first attempt to down shift and it was pressed against the skid plate. Oh well, ride 3rd gear and practice my clutching technique. A few more turns and I accidently shift into 4th on the flopping shifter, damn, no shifty. Thinking I will go ahead to the next check point and hopfully find a 10mm to tighten the bolt, the try to catch up to the gang again. Not a bad idea had the shifter not abandoned ship before that.

End of the second loop, there is a 15 minute break, head to the truck and with help from O&S and others, we try to get it clicked into a more usable 3rd. No luck. Debating, ride the krap outa the clutch or DNF my first enduro attempt. Screw it, lets ride. I made it thru, but it was a challenge, I am sure a new clutch is needed now, but at least I have a better ability to feed in power via the clutch, a skill I was certainly lacking.

I had a blast, got to meet some new crew members, Dingo, Kelsorat, it was a good day.

Thanx guys.

Chris

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
.. hopefully you'll come out again. It was a great ride.

I wish you had bugged me about the 10MM, pretty sure I had one in my pack. Next time grab me by the shirt ... I can be a little slow on the uptake.

Now you gotta get that thing fixed so you can make it out next month ... March 14th, off Hodge Road near Victorville.

Rocks, rocks, and more rocks.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
rock & roll, Im in :thumb:

The wifey gave the OK, even tho it is the day after my 4yr olds birthday party.

easy fix, clutch plates, and RED loctite this time. :eek:

BTW, what do think the chances of having one of my buddies on as a guest for the Hodge road?

Last edited:

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
The more the merrier ... bring him along, not a problem.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Chris,

I'm glad you made it. Following a desert course for 3 hours is alot of fun. It becomes even more fun once you start timekeeping. See you next month.

Top Bottom