I FOUND THE DOUBLE!! Friday Newbie Humor

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Well guys this happened about a week ago and I laugh everytime I think about it so I figured I would share it with you guys.

I started riding recently and went to my first track. Shady Grove here in Dallas. Not really a track, it is not prepped and they have no official races. The dirt is hard as concrete but, It's open 24/7 and is convenient.

I have never been to a prepped track so I dont know the difference.

Anyway the third time I was there I found the doubles. I thought the track did not have any.

The first two times I wondered what idiot put the bumps on the top of the jump!!

Then it hit me that those are the doubles!

Thanks to blackhawk and 02yz125 I also learned that knee braces go on the inside of your riding pants. I was wondering why people were looking at me kinda funny. That was about three weeks ago.

I also came up short on the smallest double on the track. I chopped the throttle and the bike nosedived into the face of the second "bump" on the jump. Man did it hurt. That is the hardest dirt I have ever felt!!

I am slowly but surely figuring this stuff out.

Have a great day!

Riz

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I used to ride there 4 years ago. There was a nasty shack where an old German guy lived right next to the riding area.He would let us ride but we "couldn't kick up no dust, now". I had heard that they were going to shut that place down. Glad to here you can still ride there.

Top Bottom