CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
A job that is.

As a few of you might know, I got “down-sized” back in August. Luckily for me they gave me until November to get the heck out, and I got a decent severance package on top of that.

What my company didn’t know was that I could see it coming long before they did. So I started thinking about a career change early in the year but got real serious about it in July (even more so after August).

I had been looking in many places for job listings, and two days after I got my down-sizing notice, I found an excellent listing at careerbuilder.com. After 3 interviews over a two month period, I got a job offer – on my last day at the old company.

I accepted.

I have been in the aviation insurance business since I graduated college 20 years ago. For the last 19 of those years I have been trying to figure-out how to get the heck out of the insurance business. Five years ago I put together a plan that I thought would enable me to get out of the insurance business while staying in the aviation industry (and preserving my income – an important part of the plan). It took two job changes to get my resume right, and the timing of my dissatisfaction of my current job and the listing for the Moritz position was uncanny. Funny how things work out. I left a job that I had become unhappy with - and unknowingly they gave me a bonus to leave.

I’ll be working for a company called Moritz Aerospace as the global sales manager for their aviation division. We manufacture electronic components that are used in aircraft for data acquisition and digital power (electrical) management. All sales are at the OEM level. This is a growth area in the aviation industry because many aircraft are still in the analog world. The technology and experience gained in this industry will be applied to other areas such as marine, automobile and other transportation industries.

I start on January 3rd. Let the good times roll.

Last edited:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Nice Junk!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Sounds like a pretty cool job Junk. Make sure and send me some of your literature once you start, I love checking out high level DAQ stuff.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sweet #92!!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Congrats on the new job!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
CaptainObvious said:
I have been in the aviation insurance business since I graduated college 20 years ago.

:yikes: You graduated college when I was 4!!! :nener:

Congrats Gary! You're a great guy, and obviously your new company realizes this! Enjoy your new job! :cool:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Nice start to the new year. :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Very kewl, RV...congrats!

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
Congrats !
Thinking of making a career change myself - scarier than a big downhill double !
Takes big ones to make a life changeing move like that.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
CaptainObvious said:
I have been in the aviation insurance business since I graduated college 20 years ago.

squeaky said:
:yikes: You graduated college when I was 4!!! :nener:

Your point? That stat make him a youngster in my book ... ;)

Congratulations Gary. A great upper going in to the Christmas season with a new job in the New Year. Knock their soxs off!

Top Bottom