I guess I am not welcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealB.

Jan 21, 2008
Since my last 2 posts were closed for some unknown reason I have to assume that I am not welcome here.
I asked for a reason from a moderator with no response.

So, if thats the way it is around here then count me out. I was just simply willing to ask legitimate questions, give reasonable answers, and try to be a contributing forum member. I'm not new to forums, but I am new to this kind of treatment. I'm not new to bikes either for I have been racing and riding for 31 years now. I dont claim to know all, but I do know some.

From looking around this website, it appears to me that it is full of people who love to give condencending and smart-a@@ remarks. I do not talk to people like that in person or private and I am sure not going to while hiding behind a monitor on a website.

Lastly, I plan on sending e-mails to all the sponsors listed on the left expressing the views that I feel just like I have laid out here. Not a threat, by any means, I just want them to know how some people are treated on here.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Sorry you got a burr up your butt, Neal. But before you condemn this place, you may want to take deep breath and relax first. Do you sit around and wait for e-mails all weekend long?
I doubt the admin here does either. I can almost guarantee you that your questions would be answered either by mail or on the board, but not always immediately.

Your question about using oil was probably closed to circumvent another online exercise in futility. Also, if the search function here will net 100 answers to a question that has been asked 1000 times, it often is simply more expedient to close the thread, rather than sit around and waste bandwidth rehashing old hat. Visitors that don't get too bent out of shape over the move, will often discover the logic behind the closed thread, and will realize it probably was a wasted move to post the question in the first place.
Sure, that can get a bit unnerving to a person who would hope for a more gracious welcome. But, there has to be a line established. What a waste of bandwidth it would be if they had to cuddle each and every new visitor. Many of us veteran members need too much cuddlin as it is. The good folk in the New Member forum would give you a more than gracious welcome, and of that I am certain. And even a hug, if that's what you really needed.

You are obviously an adult. It is very hard to tell sometimes by the questions posed. And kids have a habit of not concerning themselves with reading the directions, or familiarizing themselves with the boards rules, and would rather simply tear into the board posting up complete waste of time crap, in the wrong forums, etc...
And can we both admit here...that a rider with 31 years experience would not be expected to have the question you did. I mean, surely with that many years of experience you would have seen some evidence of what running different types of oils can cause. Three decades of experience, and you haven't investigated to see what is what on engine oil? Have you been aware of any catastrophic damage that using a non-synthetic type oil causes...I mean you know...in the 31 years?

I say, welcome. Try to relax and enjoy. If you think you have found a bad group here, you would be sorely mistaken. If you think that you will find a more gracious and knowledgeable group somewhere else on the internet, you'd be just as mistaken.

And if you don't like condescending and smart-assed...don't know what to tell ya there.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I didn't touch your posts and have no idea who did and what their reason was but my thought in reading your which 2 stroke oil is it was poorly worded in addition to being an old topic. Did you mean $2.45 a gallon for gas or for oil? It was going to turn into how much do I spend for gas thread and not stay on your topic. If you don't feel welcome here sorry, if you feel the need to leave goodbye. There are plenty of boards that will take any post and let it run we try to keep technical posts as accurate as we can and weed out garbage . As Jaybird said a post like that certainly does not reflect as many years experience as you claim but rather a what can I post to test this new post button

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Bswift asked me to post tis here for you Neal in the event you wish to meet with him to ride

By: BSwift
The 500 is actually the Stillwater Motorcycle Park. $25 annual family pass and there are just a few dates that the park is not open (race dates and maintenance days). It has an MX track (recently reworked by Guy Cooper), GP track, and 22 mile woods loop. One way trails with every type of terrain that you can imagine. Fairly long day trip for you (3 hours one way) but well worth it. If you want to check it out some time before you join, let us know and we'll get you in as a guest. The track is typically like concrete and is fairly busy after Guy has worked it. The trails have been in really good shape as of late, a few mud holes but little dust. It the summer months, it gets pretty dusty and powdery in a lot of places but is still fun. Like I said, $25/yr/family. Best deal around.
PS, I'll be in Eufaula Thursday are Friday of this week. Post an email addy or phone number. After I read it, I'll delete the number or addy for you.
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom