kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
motometal said:
what goes faster, a two stroke or a four smoke?

I think the questions is...what IS Pred smoking :laugh:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
motometal said:
what goes faster, a two stroke or a four smoke?
Whichever one I am not riding. I can be slow on either.
4-strokes dominate the pro ranks right now, but last year McG got a holeshot and led a few laps on a 250. It's not about the bike, it the rider's ability to ride it.

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
The formula seems to be 90% rider, 10% bike.

But what if my 10% is better then your 10% ???? :whoa:

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
FruDaddy said:
Whichever one I am not riding. I can be slow on either.
4-strokes dominate the pro ranks right now, but last year McG got a holeshot and led a few laps on a 250. It's not about the bike, it the rider's ability to ride it.

In MX and dual sports, not GNCC and offroad racing. It's the classic case of the right tool for the job. In our sport, that means not only the course conditions, fuel range, etc. but also factoring in the AMA rules, green sticker issues if in California, etc. I just hope the economics these latter things are forcing don't' take away our choice.

Doug

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Mully said:
I've always been of the mind that the 10% of what I now hate is 10% better than the 10% of what I've always hated.

and people that make generalizations about what 10% is better for what sport shouldn't make those generalizations even though they generally might be on the right track, but they might also be talking out of their arse.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Mully said:
The formula seems to be 90% rider, 10% bike.

I think that the 10% needs to compliment your 90%, otherwise the total might get reduced to 95% and you will be searching frantically for that last 5%.

maallenmi

Mar 6, 2007
I think that 2 strokes are much better in tight woods but 4 strokes are much better on hills and more open places and i know becuase ive had both.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
I don't think any one is hot, it's just that even though all these people have 4 strokes they can't seem to get over the fact that 2 strokes still dominate in their lagitimate classes, 125cc - 250cc :) :nener: :laugh: And they would never admit it but they miss the smokers no matter what they say and will rebel against this post, just watch. :blah:

flyer1171

Sponsoring Member
Mar 4, 2001
The Fix

If all the 2 stroke people would just replace thier current powerband with an upgraded Kibblwhite powerband the power issue would be over. And if the 4 stroke people would
re-adjust thier reed valves we would all get along much better!! ;)

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
Somebody-Kick this Hornet Nest one more time :nener: :rotfl:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
four strokes were designed for the riders who couldn't turn a dry slick corner to save their life. What was the old saying? If you can't go fast, chrome it and make it louder. then make it cost more.

:P

hows that?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I have never understood why we could not put together an american bike that was competitive and not sky high? Direct import from foreign market,in bulk? And when something gets done with the stupid handi cap! Who has heard what Wardy has been up to,besides riding,and director,and,,,,,,,,,!

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
flyer1171 said:
If all the 2 stroke people would just replace thier current powerband with an upgraded Kibblwhite powerband the power issue would be over. And if the 4 stroke people would
re-adjust thier reed valves we would all get along much better!! ;)
I use a Kevlar power band, those ones made outa plastic just don't cut it. ;)

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
If the 4t's were not so darn expensive to keep up I would probably have one but I'm not paying 80 bucks a pop or more for valve jobs :coocoo: . 2 stoke valves don't cost as much :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Pred is my hero.

Is the shack out back de-winterized? Summer vaction time is coming up.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:
Pred is my hero.

Is the shack out back de-winterized? Summer vaction time is coming up.
indeed it is. Might have to clean out some cobwebs . . .

and I hate dry, slick corners, wardy ;)

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I read in another thread that 4s sound like someone is farting :laugh:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
funny_cat_pictures_287.jpg

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
FruDaddy said:
But farting on somebody is mean, so 4s sound mean. :) :)

:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom