2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Come on now, the whole "compare a 250 2t to a 250 4t" argument is stupid, enough is enough. A 4t takes twice the revolutions to make a combustion cycle........therefore, it's an uneven comparison. The whole issue rests on the AMA's shoulders. The "supercross/motocross" class SHOULD have been limited to maybe.......400cc for the 4t"s, and 200-225cc for the "lites" class. Progress is good, competition within the manufacturing end of things is ALWAYS good for the consumer. Too bad the AMA underestimated technology and gave the 4t such a huge advantage based on cc's. It's ruling alone is what will make the 2t a dinasour. Sad, because ALL dirt bikes are a GOOD thing.

CRASH39

Mar 4, 2007
HajiWasAPunk said:
[Rich]If win or lose you feel the same way, then it's stupid to suggest they race to settle it?

4-strokes deliver the power more easily but they need more cc's to equal it, what's so #*@! hard about this?

[/rich] :)

EASY, since the debate is against engines not racers, then race the bikes to determine what engine is the best. manufactures are going to go what they use on the pro curcit any way and what they feel is best. ( the endless fight ) pretty much like what is going on. according to you quote. I prefer the 2 storke on the dirt bike cause it just seems right. if I get stuck on a new bike that is a 4 stroke then for the MX sport I will accept cause I love ridding MX. no matter were it takes me. so what is realy stupid? the never ending battle of 2 stroke war vs 4 stroke war or my suggestion? sorry I love this sport over all to make it a compleat worry. Cause it is the only thing I can do in ' sports '. next, is 2 wheel drive better than rear wheel drive or dose it depend on the pocket book?
:ride:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
theKDX200rider said:
I guess you feell prety bad when you get beat by a whiny,girly man loser.
hell no, I've been beat by girls . . .

on four strokes. :p

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
XRpredator said:

Getting beat by a girl on a 2 str would be bad! :pissed:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
XRpredator said:

You seem like a cool guy and i think we'd get along together man ... umm leave your address if ur interested !

Rhein

Jul 17, 2006
Rich Rohrich said:
wut has a mor fastr top speed a crf150 or a yz85 and how much is it if i wunt to make my chinfung 50 more fastr top speed of a twostroek

The CRF150 has a higher RPM motor because the stroke is shorter which gives it more of an ability to wind out and thus giving it the top speed advantage. What about power:weight though?

These 4 strokers are in such denial it is hilarious. You guys wouldn't talk if you weren't afraid that the little reign of the 4t wasn't soon coming to an end if you can't indoctrinate more people.

An engine that requires much more CCs to produce the power of a 2t in fact is not superior. If they did that with the same CCs then I would agree with you and buy me a 4t in a heart beat. With that "ruthless" fact I am still not convinced a 4t is superior.

RMZRyder

Dec 1, 2006
FruDaddy said:
I don't follow hillclimbing, but I have theories.

The extra weight helps with traction?
Bottom end torque reduce the need to slip the clutch all the way up the hill?
There is no need to turn, the extra weight doesn't hurt there.
It's dificult to find a 2-stroke with enough displacement to make over 200hp. If you think that I am just making up a number, read this article where Jeremy McGrath participated in a hillclimb and rode both a CR500 and a 2500cc HD:

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/141_0307_great_american_championship_hillclimb/
I wouldnt think you would make up a number Fru, the other night some hillclimb came on and someone had a 400hp bike.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
A thread full of moderators never used to be an "exception" but rather the rule! after posting on and off for what 7 years we are not "on" as often as in the past....... It's all good.

the four stroke / 2 stroke deal is simple. Today we all know that something should be done. Now will AMA allow us to do it? We tried once, will they take some kind of variation of this? who knows.......But it will be back in front of them all in the fall.
I would venture to say that if they punt us to the friggin curb again, many won't take it a second time. More people are talking about the fact they didn't even attempt to listen to it's members, but rather said "nope you don't as much as we do."

Just glad riding and racing is starting less time to think about woulda, coulda, shoulda,

time to ride!!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Chicken Breast Dijonaise

Ingredients:

2 full skinless boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons Grey Poupon
1 tablespoon fresh chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
italian seasoning mix
1 tablespoon flour
1 two stroke
1 four stroke
1 twelve pack corona
2 limes

season breasts with italian mix, and saute over medium heat until nearly done
mix sour cream, grey poupon, garlic and flour in a bowl
add sauce mix, onions and mushroom to saute pan with breasts
bring to a boil, continue to cook until chicken is done

eat

fire up two stroke and four stroke

go ride and have fun, swap bikes a couple times throughout the day

slice limes in half, slice halves into thirds
open corona, place lime wedge in top of bottle
push lime into bottle, cap bottle top with thumb, turn it upside down (carefully) to properly flavor the corona
drink corona
enjoy the memories of the day of riding

MXobssesed4

Aug 2, 2006
XRpredator said:
. . . because their superiority has turned the two-stroke lovers into a bunch of fanatics and whiny girly-man losers.

have a nice day

How can you consider a four stroke superior when they need double the displacement to have an advantage.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
AJ...great posts, many good points, yet respectfull of all.

I wonder what the reaction would be if you posted the same opinion over at thumpertalk...

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
motometal said:
I wonder what the reaction would be if you posted the same opinion over at thumpertalk...
heck, I don't think I'm even allowed over at ThumperTalkAboutSellingYouOurStuff

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
XRpredator said:
heck, I don't think I'm even allowed over at ThumperTalkAboutSellingYouOurStuff

That is because you are a troll. A bodaceous beast of a troll. I love you man. Troll on. :boss:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
RMZRyder said:
I wouldnt think you would make up a number Fru, the other night some hillclimb came on and someone had a 400hp bike.
Really, I had to read it a second time because that number was so high. I did know that a lot of them run the Harley motors, but I wouldn't expect a Harley motor to survive such abuse. :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:
That is because you are a troll. A bodaceous beast of a troll. I love you man. Troll on. :boss:
I love you too, man. The kind of love only two guys who are oiled up and naked in PK's shed can feel for each other.

He's a lucky man.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
2storke vs 4 stroke threads always go down hill fast.. but with that post pred, it went down hill at flippin' lightspeed!!
LOL

motometal,, lol!!
actually i made the same posts basically over there in a similar thread,,
it went ok and stayed civil.

later on, i was banned permantly from TT for spamming.
(somewhat understanably,
but then again it was a pretty mild "spam" , and i was a little surprised at
the severity of the punishment with no notification or warning.. ohh well)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I hate four strokes as much as I hate Pred....

I hate 4 strokes cause I'm scared of the internals and pred because he is not only a turd... but a gay turd!

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
AJ Waggoner said:
later on, i was banned permantly from TT for spamming.
(somewhat understanably,
but then again it was a pretty mild "spam" , and i was a little surprised at
the severity of the punishment with no notification or warning.. ohh well)

same thing happened to me aj on tt they were all angry because i was not impressed that there extreamly highly modified drz450 made about the same hp as a 20 year old stock cr500 ........they didn't take it too well........ there a bunch of babies over there :( wa wa

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
john stu said:
same thing happened to me aj on tt they were all angry because i was not impressed that there extreamly highly modified drz450 made about the same hp as a 20 year old stock cr500 ........they didn't take it too well........ there a bunch of babies over there :( wa wa

tell me about it. and the stupid thing is that they discuss the same topic over and over again, and always come up with the same solution :think: . but thats kinda like were doing, isnt it ;) ?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom