whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Enduro_Nut said:
Thanks.
Yeah, I would like to find a few 125's and 430's... I notice a red tank Husky which(if correct) is a Cr 250/430...
How can I talk with him...?
Thanks!
PS... If you look on the AHRMA website you will see John DeSoto on my '81 490 Maico in '07
He has a 76 CR125 and CR250. An 81 CR250, and the 360 auto. I still have to check about the contact.

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
this barn looks like a fantasy of mine since i was a kid.. i love old bikes. any one can go fast on a new bike but a guy who goes fast on those bikes can ride.. who is he? a collector or something?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A fantasy of plenty of dirtbikers! Currently he races AHRMA, and has plenty of parts. He has tried selling before, this is whats left. He has a story for each bike. Awesome guy!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There was some PE's there, and a 250 Can-Am. I would have sworn I caught it in one of the crappy pics. Have you seen that 500 before? The 250 is older. That is one wild link setup on that 500! I believe I am going back next weekend. Sure hope hes keeping them warm!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I finally got back to the barn. I got talked out of the 400, and am picking up some 79~80RM 250's Friday. Anyone see something they are interested in, e-mail me, and I will forward his e-mail. He knows a guy with a green barn. I will wait till I am broke again to go there.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That would be a goal. Finishing a local race would be a milestone in itself. Andy Jenkins is the bike barn owner. We have crossed paths before, and he is fairly active in AHRMA events. He really seems like a good person to know, he knows about what things cost. He, as far as I can tell, is not real high, or giving it away? He sure has a great wealth of information on solid mods on them old dogs. And answered as to why my buddies TM 250 sits lower than stock, and on that first year RM 125 that nobody makes a piston for, a YZ sure fits! And me, the back, neck and sneaking out of a carpel tunnel surgery,, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! Subtract the 150' do or die triple, or the 149' safe table? Old school may end up safer?

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Old school may end up safer?

This is part of the reason I ride vintage... it's safer(much lower speed = less air), much more laid back and much less expensive(can be anyway),,,

I race cross country primarily with a few local mx's a year for good measure!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
4 stroke haters, water cooled haters, and the single shock haters? I am not that old to be a first time around 2 stroke haters. And I am not a big fan of the old original 4 strokes, way too heavy! I seen a pic on the VMX magazine of a slightly modified TT500, still looked heavy.

Top Bottom