Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I have been trying to be patient, but all of the lake effect snow is driving me insane!!! :bang: Are there any east side trails halfway clear? Gladwin? Or is that closed? Leota? Anywhere???

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Tom

Last weekend, snow depths around Atlanta were rideable, but a bit deep in a few spots. We did get 4 to 6" from Sunday through current (most of it Sunday when we were out riding). When we rode on Sunday, as you went further north on the Atlanta B loop more snow. I suspect Mio, Hunt Creek, Luzurne, Bull Gap, Geels would be rideable as well - but not "clear" or halfway clear even...very snowy but rideable. All that snow just turns it into more of a work out...for a young pup like you it wouldnt be an issue!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ya know its funny. I was just trying to explain to one of the ladies here at work that a lot of us dirtbikers ride year around. She thought Dirtbiking was a summer only thing. I explained to her that when you ride as much as a lot of us do, and its in your blood like it is, that you really cant just turn it off for 4+ months of the year. I will go absolutely shackwacky by mid Febuary if I cant ride. Its usually about then that the wife starts to beg me to get out of the house and do something, Anything. As long as I am not around the house bouncing off the walls driving her batty.

I mention to the wife about going to the bar with my old drinking buddy's.... she is like "Sure have fun...You need money?"

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
With all the recent snow, many of the trails would be interesting.. If you hit a trail that the ATVs have not been on, then you would probably have a decent time. Anywhere the ATVs have been, you will find two very hard and icy ruts that will absolutely ruin your riding day.
This past weekend I was through Frederic, St Helen, Tin Cup and Little Manistee/Lincoln Hills. Frederic had no tracks, St Helen was fairly clean (trail #3), and nothing has been on Tin Cup/Little Manistee. I refer to the ATV trails, the Routes/Snowmobile trails have plenty of traffic with a very hard base. If you like fast and wide, those ORV Routes would be almost fun. They were very fun on the sleds...

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
If you really want to ride this weekend I'll go, but we need to ride a single track. Any thing wider we'll be taking chances that a quad or snowmobile will have ruined the snow.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tommy

What type of studded tire conconction you making this year? You DO plan of some sort of studded tires right???

thewbomb

Nov 9, 2004
id love to ride this weekend too......are any of the trail showing dirt or im i wishing for 2 much........Maybe ill just have to wait but ill be bouncing off the walls too.

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
How about sunday at tincup or evart at 10am?
There will be snow and you will need studs or sheet metal screws.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Shawn - Pick one and I'll make it. An alternative would be to meet at the parking lot in the NW corner of 131 and 10, then decide which way. Makes no difference to me. Each loop has its plus and minus.

Young Ted

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
I was kind of hoping to hear Tom first but if he doesn't have a preference or isn't going then I say Evart since I have haven't ridden it in the snow yet.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Evart at 10 Sunday is fine. If there is a change it should be up here by 5 PM Saturday so I can head the ducks in the right direction.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You guys are gona try Evart in the snow?????..... Good luck with that... And I thought I was crazy. :worship:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
You guys are gona try Evart in the snow?????..... Good luck with that... And I thought I was crazy. :worship:

Thats what I was thinking, beware of the rocks under the snow. :yikes: :yikes:

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I have to go down to the Lansing area on Saturday afternoon to celebrate some spring birthdays with the family. So it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to ride this weekend. It really sucks, but that's life.

Freddie, I have some sheet metal screws which seem to work pretty decent in the snow.

Top Bottom