fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Look forward to seeing pics of your new thumper Strick. I hope they're easier to jet than Katoomers:D

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I've got a few months to go. The pumpkin stays though:cool: There is no way I am going to get rid of that I have 50 hours of jetting labor into:think

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Congrats Strick!
Wish you the best of luck with your CRF.

Btw...Mag, If it makes you feel better, I thought your comment was quite Reaganistic and wonderfully conservative! :)

Magellan

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 14, 2001
Trickle down, baby!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Keeping the pumplin huh? Guess I won't be changing the pumpkin patch special handshake after all. :D

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Aha, so this is where he hides when he doesn't think anyone is watching! Never thought I'd see the day... Strick on a red thumper. Oh, what's that I see out my window?? Pigs are flying, and according to the weather report, hell has frozen over! ;)

You'll have to give us the full ride report on the new scoot. I hope Honda can pull the same thing off in a competitive 250F format, but I'd miss the hydraulic clutch.

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Yep yep yep, all us thumper guys just sit back and grin:) yet another soul has been converted. The poor orange thing in the corner of your garage will soon have cobwebs strung all over it, and you will wonder why you ever rode such a thing.:eek:

Congrats strick, I'm sure you will enjoy your new honda. From all I have read and seen, they are getting great reviews. The only thing I am going to say to try to talk you out of it is "did you see Tim Ferry fly past Ryan Hughes on that up hill at Buds Creek?".;)

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
#%@# TRADER !!

And I thought your blood ran ORANGE,....when I thought Strick,....I thought KTM. Remind me not to get on the front line with you!! :p I guess you can take that "other" site off your favorites now!!

Ok,...so the CRF is "supposed" to be real lite,....and it's "supposed" to be fast,....dont come crying to me if it aint all that! Did you even consider the 400/520 ?? Or are you buying on impulse, (my wife does that)!! Maybe you can get a free pair of red tights with the purchase!!

;) I could'nt let you off that easy Strick , just be sure and hang on to that pumpkin, and you'll be able to trade them both in on a 03' 520,....hehehe :confused:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Shaw - If I knew the 520SX had a 6 speed, it would be in the mix. Mainly because it is proven!!! I really feel uneasy about buying a 1st year bike. The real sway factor was in the weight 225?? Even one of the mags est. 231. My 300 weighs 224, with the bazooka pipe! I have really been wanting a racing 4-stroke, and this Honda seems real interesting.

I have no desire to buy a KTM with the e-button. I have absolutely no interest in that feature and have more weight.

Finally Shaw, the 450 is a stable mate to the 300. It is not a replacement. That is what took a little swaying of the little lady;) The $1000 I save on the purchase price will allow me to purchase enough aftermarket parts to put it on par with the KTM's stock trick stuff.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Just a bit of fiendly ribbing hear Strick.

Honda has taken its time on this one, and is likely it will be a winner. Their reputation says it will be a fine machine. Your riding style?....if moto, the bike will probaly suit fine, It may have YZF type power, which may not be what offroad racers desire. Oh, and I would expect it to gain some weight when it hits the showroom floor. #235 would be nice though.
In any event, it is exciting to know you have one coming, I will be looking foward to your first ride report! Congrats :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom