knny

Jul 15, 2009
First off I primarily ride a Raptor 700r se. I'm about 5'10" @ approx 250 lbs and my question would be this. I'm wanting to abandon the 4wheeler and get a dirt bike I'm not to familiar with dirtbikes so not sure how the numbers would stack up. What I'm lookin for is a Yamaha bike that would give me close to the same top speed/take off for my body size. most of my riding is trails and every now and then the creeks.
----
Sorry I forgot all about putin that stuff I live in Mississippi I would prefer a 4 stroke (cause my wife rides a grizzly 450 that way we can use the same gas tank) reason for top speed is there is open pastures really lookin for a top speed around 75 mph. Lookin around 5000 price range used or new reall just lookin for information.on what would be the best overall value I work offshore and only home 10 days out a month so its not like its gonna be rode that much.thanks for any information.

Last edited:

2stroker144

Jan 14, 2009
well since your a quader, didnt tell us if you wanted a 2 stroke or 4 stroke, or you price range. we cant help you. so fill out the sticky....

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Like the others said, fill out the sticky.

As for top speed, that is a terrible thing to be concerned about! Just about any bike will get you up to a speed that can do you serious harm. How quick it accelerates is a more important factor. How well the suspension works is critical, as that is what is going to save you when you hit something going too fast.

Also keep in mind that there will be some inherent differences in how a quad handles and how a bike handles. Quads are great in sand, bikes tend to suck. If you ride sand dunes a lot you may not be happy on a bike. Quads can crawl up/down a hill slowly. A bike has to maintain a minimum speed to be stable.

Where bikes excel over a quad is when the trail gets a little rough. With a bike you only need to find a 4" wide path through the rocks. With a quad you need two 10 inch wide paths the exact right distance apart. Bikes weigh less and have a lot more suspension travel.

So fill out the sticky (at the top of this forum topic) and we will give you more specific recommendations.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom