I was going to wait.....BUT!!!!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
As of about last month it was just a normal day of going to the local bike shop for me, just looking around and talking to my friends that work there. However my friend Todd was smiling like none other and called me over.

Okay ill cut the fancy story LOL.
Todd has been an entrepreneur as long as I have known him and he told me that he purchased "Motocross Unplugged Magazine" which happens to be the 2nd largest Canadian motocross magazine in Canada.

I used to know the old owner and would do the odd little research for him and just basic simple freelance work. Well Patrick the orginal owner let Todd know I may be of assistance. Since Todd and I are pretty good buds he layed it straight out on me. He wants me to be the assistant editor of the mag :aj:

ME! THE ASSISTANT EDITOR of a BIG CANADIAN MAGAZINE!

This is too cool, I figured I would wait just a little before I told everyone because it sounded to good to be true. Well Todd called me and we set up a meeting for Thursday to discuss my pay and benefits and perks of the job!! TOO COOL!!

Needless to say I am STOKED, I have been doing quite a bit of work for Canadian MX for awhile now and I feel its my time to get noticed. I am the admin and site editor of the largest CanadianMX forums (however I never advertise since the boss wouldn't like that) but I have dedicated A LOT of time to www.mxforum.com and I will still be doing all the admin work there, I feel this may be my big break. I have got 4 months of school left and things are looking good :yeehaw:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
congrats dude, but do us all a favour and dont forget us when you a rich and famous and hanging with J Lo and the like!:)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great news spanky, remember Elk is spelled "E-L-K" and I love Canada.:)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Haha, thanks guys. One thing I would never forget are the people that made me who and what I am. And Elk I thought it was spelt "carlos" ;) :)

Ill let you all know when it hits the press, and remember tell your local chapters you want them to stock Motocross Unplugged they have been the biggest buyer for 3 years!

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Go CR, and don't forget where to send all of those "used" test bikes and goodies. Hopefully you will become the anti-Jody. :p

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Coolio!

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
cool dude, i don't like canada but ,hey..anyway. i'm here for ya bro, my vast experiances are your open tome(that's a writers word). i can write a colum under the nom-de-plum blazeor, human torch and other great camp fire stories! sooo, were can we find this mag of yours

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
congrats CR!  I think your fisrt assignment should be an article on the souther migration of Canadians to Oklahoma on October! ;)

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
i don't like canada

Sarge??? :scream:

Slo'mo, if everything works out I may be able to run my experience at dirtweek in my column and get paid to go MUHAHAHAHAH!!!! :yeehaw:

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by CanadianRidr
Oh TRUST me, there will be NO Jodi-ism's in this magazine :)

what is this, do you mean that the 04yz125, 04yz250, 04 yz250f and yz450f havent already won best bike in class?

Trial and tribulation!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Congrats CR. If you need a Manitoba based test pilot I have someone in mind and it ain't Zook250 :)

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Excellent CR! Congradulations on the new job and you deserve it so enjoy all your new perks!

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Thanks TJ!!!

Bruce, as long as Yamaha's check don't bounce from writing one to MXA we will have to leave that as undecided. LOL!!!!

Chili, if we ever need a manitoba pilot I will let you know :aj:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Can I have your autograph, CR? I'm sure it will be worth money some day :)
I hope this doesn't mean we'll be seeing less of you around here? :(

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Way to GO! Big Guy! Congradulations, try not to forget us little guys! LOL

Good Luck,

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
:) Thanks again guys. For now I have to concentrate on school. I have four months left and I can't let them get the best of me. Currently I am writing an article about some really fast kids in Canada who just popped out of no where when that is all said and done I am meeting with one here in AB and telephoning another in BC. My due date is Jan 11, so that should not pose a problem. Argg...as for the "editor's column" that may be a tad difficult :yeehaw:

PS. It will take more than a mag job to kick me off here Stan :)

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Have fun with this gig, but FINISH school!
dad voice off
;)

Way cool! :thumb:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! What a great thing to happen to a terrific guy! You deserve a break like this. School's almost done....nice, important job, (did you order your leather sectional for your big corner office yet??) Let the good life begin! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
That's really cool CR! Alot of people can only think about getting an opportunity like this, good luck! :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congratulations Aaron, that is really great.

Grab a copy of Monkey Butt by Super Hunky aka Rick Seiman from Dirt Bike fame.  It is a great read and has great insights.

Tony

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
:o :o
You guys are all way too good to me. Thank you Nat :) And Bscott, Soloand EVERYONE. It means a lot to me.

I am not going to take this opportunity for granted, Todd and I are getting straight down to business. Lining up sponsors, advertisers, photographers etc.....

But like I said school is #1 right now. If it wasn't I would be going to all the cool trade shows Todd has lined up for awhile, however im not to sure if I can turn up the offer to go to Winter X-games :aj:

Anyways, thank you all so much.

ps. Tony im waiting for a copy to come on ebay so I can pick it up :worship:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…