Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I bought my 1st bike in 25 years back in the summer of 2000. In October 2000 I stumbled accross this place and became a 1st class DRN junkie from my first log in. I've met so many good people from this site and shared a lot of memorable expereinces with many of you over the years. As I sit here administering the website and forum I created for my local MC club, which I was voted president of last year, I guess I had a flashback or something. Without elaborating too much over any details I just wanted to pop in and say hi to all my buds here and say I've been VERY BUSY since I put on the big hat at Waco Eagles Motorcycle Club.

Before being voted in as WEMC president I served on our executive committee here for a year. That took a lot of time away from DRN (and everything else) but I only thought I was busy then. As president not only do I never get to ride, I also am the designated mechanic, plumber, eletrician, garbage engineer, track maint / builder / designer, waterboy, etc. Not complaining though, I really have enjoyed it. Mine is a non paying position however I definitely feel the reward when I see the people pour in on a daily basis and enjoy the facilities we have. I did manage to swing the purchase of a new tractor for the club, which was a feat in itself since the last loan the club had was in 1948..lol.. Only dissapointment I've had since taking office was that I haven't had the time to hang out here more. I miss the chit-chat I guess.

As my 1st term as president rapidly comes to close I look back and wonder where my time has gone, but I do know why it passed so fast. Who knows if I'll be voted in for a 2nd term, if I am I will gladly fill the position because it's almost like a dirtweek all year, even the admin side of it :yikes:

Whatever the case, I hope to jump on here a little more frequently and keep in touch with you guys. Maybe someone will even invite me to go ride with them again sometime, like they used to...hint hint..

Take care DRN

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Congrats on the presidency and thanks for doing your part to make sure riding stays in your area. Not many members of a club realize the time and work that the officers put in. They just see you at meetings or events and figure that is all they do.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Stop in more often Jeff!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Good to hear from you Jeff. Get Tigger to log on for you and say hi.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i'll see you next year when the nationals come to freestone. of course, you'll have the motorhome ready, right?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Hey, Jeff.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Jeff who? Seriously though, me and Zac missed you at last years DW, maybe at the future DW's

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Jeff!!!
We miss you too man, if you find an extra minute or two, post bro, your stuff has always been excellent reading. Good luck with the next term... I'm sure it's in the bag :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I know that dude.

How's Tigger? (If you come back long enough to see this.)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Thanks for the replyz guyz.

Tiggers' doing great, started driving with a permit back in July and other than a lead foot is doing a good job. She drove me to the races in Burleson about a month ago (the one I invited Okie to but he was too busy). It was a steaming hot day and I was beat after the races. I thought it'd be great to sit back and relax and let her drive me home. All I really thought all I needed to do was maintain a state of semi-consiousness and Id be okay. I must have drifted of for a few seconds because when my eyes focused on the speedodometer and noticed how fast we were going, I calmly asked he if she thought 85 was a little fast to be towing the trailer :nod: She said "oops"

Hailey is a little more into boys and make-up than riding these days but she still likes to go with her old man for a spin once in a while. She enjoys woods riding more than MX, I think that's Malcom Smith's fault.

Since I seem to be spending most of my time at the track on a tractor or water truck I don't get to ride like I used to. We race MX once a month at our track and most of the time I never even make sign up, just jump in and ride with the boys when I can. I'm itching for a new bike since I'm still on the 2001 125sx I've been on at every Dirt Week. This has been a good bike and is still in good shape but I suppose I should at least try one of those 4-strokes. Not sure what I want yet, friends give me he-double-L for considering the new orange one but hey, why argue with success?

I've been real busy at work. That's the reason I missed the last dirtweek even though I had paid registration in advance and didn't get to go. Probably just as well for me there was no dirtweek this year because I would have had to miss it too. I do have some irons in the fire that may free me up a little in the future. If everything goes the way it appears to be heading, I'll be able to take some time off for important things like living.

Jay, just shoot me a message when you head this way, I'll gas up the land yacht and meet you in Wortham. If I can get some seat time between now and then I might even join you on the track. Right now I don't have the stamina to make the laps.

Patman, I'll be on the steps of the capital in Austin this Saturday running sound for the protest / rally / concert for the property tax deal. I think it's from 1 to 3.

The rest of you guys, thanks for the replies. I'll pop in more often and stay in touch.

Here's a picture of Tigger, she's growing up :bang:
Tigger.jpg

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well well well ... I was just asking where all the old farts went and look who pops in!!!

Welcome back brotha!

I'm sure they will "let" you be President again, but don't let that keep you from stopping in.

Oh My!! Tigger has grown so. Thanks for making me feel even older!

I have thought many times about calling you as I pass the Robinson exit ... :nod:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
:ride: nature boy ! howzit

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Good to hear from you, Jeff!
I look forward to riding with you again, and playing a little music too!

Amazing how Tigger has grown up...man we are getting old!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
so where are all the old farts now !!?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Only a few left stinkin' up the place :)

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
I'm still around and pop in here from time to time. Gomer is still chasing me around .... Dang he is fast on crutches! :yikes:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Senior KX Rider said:
mostly still around here

Good to hear from you Jeff :)

You can call me Al ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'm still here and at the half century mark too. I don't know if it's because the older I have more to do or that it just takes me longer to get the same amount of things done. Which ever the case I'm still too busy for my own good.

I'm completing my 4th term as president at the Waco Eagles Motorcycle Club which I thought would be a 1 year deal. I think they just can't find another sucker willing to do the things I do there. :)
We held our monthly MX races this weekend and as I sat on the bleachers to watch a moto I couldn't help but take a real good look at the kids that were on 50's when I started there, many of which are parents now. I sat there with one kid that was 9 years old when we 1st joined the club and listened to him talk about his 16 month old daughter, he's 24 now. After that I got to thinking about the trip you guuys invited me & Tigger to Lake McKenzie. Good times indeed and I miss them terribly.

On the other hand, I only thought I didn't have time to do things as I try to juggle parenting (which sort of runs itself (mostly)), work, and now 3 bands I'm in.

Hello to everyone, I'll type more and share some stories later, I have to go to the track and take care of a tractor problem before I leave for San Angelo early in tthe morning.

btw, Gene, Hailey is planning on North Texas after she finishes up here at MCC in Waco. I'll be calling :laugh:

Top Bottom