Walt Hollis

Apr 8, 2002
Last night I was practicing at LACR when I cleared a nice double and then had to lock up the brakes to avoid hitting someone who had parked their bike after the same jump. I lost the front end, crashed and broke my collar bone.

I just wanted to take a moment and thank all of the people who I did not know nor will probably ever know or see again who helped me.

There were two guys who blocked me with their bikes until the flaggers woke up. Another guy who pushed my bike back to the truck. Another who offered cut his night short and drive me home. Those who loaded my bike and gear, and still others who helped me get my gear off.

Most of all I would like to thank the guy who went above and beyond the call of duty. While the EMT's were giving me a once over on the infield of the track, he hopped the fence and brought me an ice cold Budweiser!

Thanks to all of my comrades who ride MX and as soon as this thing heals I will be back out to hopefully find and thank all of you.

Regards,

Walt Hollis, OTHG #364

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Don't forget to thank the moron who parked his bike in the blind after the jump. Afterall, if it wasn't for him you would never had met all of the other great people!

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Everyone (almost) has or will go down at some point if you ride long enough. Knowing how it feels, most will help out. If this happened at DW, you Would get a ride across the country, someone would drive your car home, and all the daddy pop you need would be provided also.
Good luck with your recovery.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Walt is right on the money. Dirtbikers are great at taking care of their own because we all know that the next time it could very easily be our turn. The last time I had a BIG crash at the track (4years ago) I broke 2 ribs, broke a bone in my hand and had a concussion. By the time I had come to....the guys at the track(most of them I barely knew) had loaded my bike, got my gear off, found my cell phone and looked up my wifes number in the memory, called my wife to come down and entertained Eric till she got there. I owe them all greatly and would do the same for anyone else in a similar situation :)

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
I've only injured myself once riding and I was out in the woods by myself, so I didn't have any help. But, in may at a race, my bike wasn't running properly, a guy came over and helped us get it running good again. I did get his name, but since I was racing and the race had already started, I took off as soon as my bike was running, so I didn't get a chance to thank him properly. So, Jeff from Kelowna, BC, thanks for helping me and my dad get my bike running for the race! Dirtbikers are a great bunch.

mx416

Nov 2, 2003
I hate it when people are sitting on the track after a jump. This spring Kelly Smith was at my local track practicing. He came over a blind quad, and there was a guy sitting sideways on the track. He slamed him so hard. That how he hurt his foot early in the season. On my 125, I hit the jump as fast as my bike will go in third gear pinned.

Top Bottom