oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Here I am sitting in the doghouse because I told my wife what I thought of her brother and his wife :pissed: .
About 2 weeks ago I took my 03 250F superduty in and got the salt washed off of it. When I get home I look close and dam the rub strip on the drivers door is full of white paint. Now I look closer and the rear of the front wheelwell is creased and the door is slighty buckled in. Dam someone tagged it who knows where. Figured it was at work or the ski hill or at spider's school parking lot or.....
I brooded about it for a couple days- first dent in a vehicle always sucks- but it wasn't so bad I was going to loose sleep over it. Question the wife and kid both deny knowing anything. Tonight I mentioned it again and my wife gets this deer in the headlights look and I push further. Turns out last weekend her sister asks her how bad my truck was. Wife is surprised that sister even knows about it not remembering telling anyone. Sister goes on to say she thought their brother or his wife had called to tell us thier unlicensed son backed into it with their car when we were at another brothers house for a family gatherring (and they wonder why I hate going to those things). Seems sister in laws car has major damage but she never thought to call us and ask about our vehicle even tho she told the other family members :| .
Well this thouroughly pissed me off and I said so and sensing there would be problems at her parents anniversary party this weekend when I see them I get the lecture about it was an accident.
As I said it wasn't serious enough to worry about but if they had that much damage I would think they could have expected more on my vehicle- their son assured them there was nothing on my truck :think: that he saw.
In my mind if my kid did that I would have called immediately to make sure of damage and made sure thekid would be apologizing up a storm. I can't wait for this weekend because no matter what I am going to get my say into this- at least it will probably gain me a reprieve from attending future gatherings for a while

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Sorry to hear it Dave .. got my first damage sometime over the last couple of days, someone swiped the rear bumper.. nice long drag mark along the width of it :(. Of course no one fessed-up to it. Can't imagine how pissed I'd be if it was a "family" member. In my case I'm sure it was someone from south of the border, here illegally with no licence or insurance.

fow350

Sep 7, 2004
Someone smashed into my girlfriends car in her driveway a while back--but no one confessed to it. So now she has a HUGE dent in her front fender that is not going to get fixed because college costs enough and she does not have full coverage. I just cannot get over the fact that someone that she is related to, or someone that is a friend of the family did not say anything--rediculous

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Sorry to hear it, Dave.

People have no respect for anyone or anything these days. :think:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Sorry to hear it Dave .. got my first damage sometime over the last couple of days, someone swiped the rear bumper.. nice long drag mark along the width of it :(. Of course no one fessed-up to it. Can't imagine how pissed I'd be if it was a "family" member. In my case I'm sure it was someone from south of the border, here illegally with no licence or insurance.
Actually that was my case also no license and an ILLINOIS :think: resident

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
Even if the nephew didnt think he did any damage to your truck, he should have let you know incase you found anything. Sounds like he has some growing up to do still.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Sucks about the truck Dave. Bring him along to S. Louis, I'll drag him back home with us for a few weeks on the frozen Manitoba tundra. He'll never wrong you again :p

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I wouldnt wait til the family gathering, i'd get in ther face now.. People have no respect for others property :|

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
My plan is to put a very large sign on the side of the truck and park it away from the house. When I see them sneak out to look at it and they see the sign "THIS IS WHERE THE HIT AND RUN OCCURRED" I will be waiting for them to come back to the house

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Sucks to hear Dave, go easy on him, just a dumb irresponsible kid. I think a lesson could be learned for the little s.o.b., or he could just learn that authority figures just want to yell at ya when you do something wrong. I say put his ass to work, always taught me a lesson. Digging holes always gave me time to think about what I had done wrong.

Then again, family functions are nice to get out of, even if only for awhile...

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
It's not really the kid I have the biggest bitch with. It is his mom and dad who didn't have the decency to call me.
I have screwed up as a kid and can understand him being scared (altho I don't condone him not telling). But the parents when they found out and saw the damage on their vehicle never had the decency to call and ask about our truck. They did manage to tell all the other brothers and sisters and told them a month ago they knew about it.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
oldguy said:
Here I am sitting in the doghouse because I told my wife what I thought of her brother and his wife :pissed: .

I fail to see why you should be in the DH. I truly hope your wife sees the error in her families ways. Hitting somebodys car and not telling them is bull**** to begin with...but to think it was a friggin' family member?? :think: I'd be thoroughly pissed too, Dave. And my honest opinion is that you should now have a "get-out-of-jail-free" card when it comes to ANYTHING concerning the in laws. Sorry your truck got dinged up, but I'm even more sorry for your dead beat in laws. Your truck can be fixed, but you're unfortunately stuck with in laws. :bang:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Bad situation all around. Bummer. :|

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Nice example they set for their kid. His character is probably flawed for life.

But I do agree that you should just piss all of em off bad and get it over with. ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bummer Dave! I bet Greenie remembers when my neighbor just nicked my truck with the box blade on his tractor and didn't even give it a second thought!

I've told my wife what I think about her 2 brothers and sister quite often. Basically a pair of self centered worthless piles of crap that have never come to see her in the 20 years she has lived in Texas. Her sister at least calls once in a while and has been to see her 3 times but is a total beeeech. Funny part, my wife agrees.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
oldguy said:
It's not really the kid I have the biggest bitch with. It is his mom and dad who didn't have the decency to call me.
I have screwed up as a kid and can understand him being scared (altho I don't condone him not telling). But the parents when they found out and saw the damage on their vehicle never had the decency to call and ask about our truck. They did manage to tell all the other brothers and sisters and told them a month ago they knew about it.

thats what I would be pissed about, after all it is supposed to be family right. My feeling is it is only a piece of steel and nobody got hurt but not to own up to property damage is the pain ful part. Probably be less mad or atleast not mad for as long if the cards where out on the table and whether he works it off by cutting your lawn or whatever amends seem appropiate.

the diffrence between outlaws and inlaws

outlaws are wanted :rotfl:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Patman said:
Bummer Dave! I bet Greenie remembers when my neighbor just nicked my truck with the box blade on his tractor and didn't even give it a second thought!

Damn, I do remember that now. Nick my ass. I saw your truck "nudge" forward about 6 inches. Luckily it caught it in a spot on the tailgate where it could withstand a little bit of pressure.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That stinks Dave! Reminds me of our wedding rehearsal last July. We were done and heading out do dinner, when I hear kids voices and I see them riding their bikes between our vehicles :pissed: Every car out was nice and fairly new...well I suddently hear thunk, and see a bike down. I start going out to the vehicles when one of them says something about being in trouble...I get out there and sure enough, huge handlebar height scratch on my father in laws truck, front license plate on my brother in laws truck is bent up along w/a scratch on the bumper. I start yelling at the kids and tell them they better HOPE there isn't a single scratch on my truck. If there was, I was going to take their piece of crap bike and run over it. I was pissed. They took off for their house across the street. My family was surprised I went off on them. I told them they should not be riding between cars when there is a WHOLE empty parking lot next door...
When I was a kid, we were not allowed to ride our bikes or play around the cars.

Then yesterday, in a hurry to get home for lunch...I back into the timbers that line the bushes by our house. The damage...a dented bumper and tweaked...about an inch out of alignment. It was stupid too, wasn't paying attention and turned to sharp :bang: Not a scratch on my '98 Explorer...until I dent the bumper...Luckily, Phil was understanding and realize I'm blonde!! :laugh:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
DAVE! Quit your bitchin and do what I DO!

back into it yourself and be able to screw up two for one!

:pissed:

worked for me!
:bang: :think:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
oops guys.... you live in over-crowded neighborhoods.... Dave make the guilty pay, even if it is Wardy's way...

some of us do it to ourselves..... did a $1,000 scratch on my wife's pretty caddy with the grass catcher of the mower.... didn't figure the turning radius when cutting the grass too close to said vehicle.......beautiful arch spanning both doors; wow, plastic edges are like a knife!.... of course the paint is "special" (3-part).... a good thing my deductible was low

so we fixed the cracked windshield as well; to my amazement my insurance only has a $50 deductible on that part and the job got done at my house.....

of course I'll pay for it through higher premiums soon enough?

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
Call your in-laws and ask them how they intend to pay for the damage their little angel caused to your truck.

When thay balk, sue them in small claims court.

Yes, I'm serious. They've already confessed to the damage so it should be a slam-dunk win for you. Not to mention being easy to prove if they decide to purger themselves in court.

This is a win-win for you. One, you'll get the money for the damage their demon spawn caused to your vehicle. The little SOB caused it so he should pay for it. It's called "taking responsibility for one's actions" and if his parents are too big a pair of losers to teach him, then you should do it. Second, it will clearly piss them off and you'll never have to deal with these two idiots and their offspring ever again. If any of her family take their side, you're also better off in not having to deal with them ever again either.

I also agree that your wife should be on your side in this. If she's taking their side, simply because that's her family, then that's another problem entirely. This little punk just reached into your pocket and stole $1000 off of you. That simply cannot be allowed to take place. Family doesn't crap on each other like that. If they think that's acceptable, then those are people you really don't need in your life. Life is too short to waste on self-centered jerkoffs like them.

Your wife should also really be in your corner on this. Family or not, what he did was WRONG, period, end of discussion, and the fact that he's a blood relation is totally irrelvant in the discussion.

If all that fails, drag the little SOB into the woods and beat the snot out of him.

Top Bottom