HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
OK in theory if your bike feels about right and you start going over bigger jumps ( higher G loads) and you increase compression damping (both ends) to handle the jumps, what should you do with the rebound damping? I would think it would be the same but I'm not sure. I left mine the same and it seemed like the back end didn't track as well on the high speed bumps (it was a little skittery in 4th gear) and was bouncy on the whoops.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Were you bottoming on these jumps with previous settings? and was it good everywhere else with previous settings? Sounds like you are too stiff, but I'm no expert.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I was bottom pretty hard before the change but was good on the high speed bumps and pretty fair on the whoops. I'm still bottoming on the big jumps but not hard. It's a 125 and I weigh 195 so I'm afraid there will be no way to adjust it to work in both places unless I get heavier springs. That is why I was asking how it should work in theory.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I wouldnt have thought you should need to alter the rebound as this controlls the stored energy in the spring and if you were bottoming before the spring hasnt any more travel so no more energy to control.I expect your feelings on the bike is because you have had to increase damping to compensate for lack of control due to soft springs.Stiffer springs would mean possibly less damping than you have presently so a better ride.Have you tried increasing oil heights in the front to combat bottoming.So far on my leaning of suspension i have found it is very important to use the correct meduim to correct problems.eg you cant use clickers to combat soft springs or say soft damping to combat stiff springs.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I understand what you are saying, but really I'm using the clickers to compensate for my lack of money to replace the springs. As soon as I can afford it I plan on having the shock redone.

Top Bottom