Jan 12, 2005
Thank you to ALL who helped out and decided to come to celebrate Young Ted & Connie's 50th Anniversary! :yeehaw:

It was a complete surprise for both of them and I appreciate all the help you dirt riders were able to supply.

Thanks especially to SmitDog, Woodsy, and KTM Mike who helped with addresses and all sorts of other crazy things through the process. :worship:

Whoever wants to see some pictures - feel free to e-mail and I'll send you a link to the photo album(it won't let me post one on here)

Thanks again everyone! You guys are the best!

Sincerly,
Young Ted's (Inca's) Grandaughter

Heather

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Heather

I am glad to hear the celebration went well! Sheila and I had hoped to make it, but it just didnt work out. I did get a ride in though..I am sure Ted will appreciate that! And, of course we (myself, Fred T and duckboy) had to discuss the wonders of Ted and Connie!

Ted and Connie - both of you are inspirations for all of the rest of us! I sit here at 24 years of marriage, and look to both of you as examples of where I hope Sheila and I are 26 years from now - we are almost half way!. (marriage wise as well as to still be riding 26 years down the road!) God Bless both of you...particularly Connie...for puttin up with Ted for so many years! :p Do you have any pointers for Sheila on how to continue to tolerate me for so long?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Congratulations to Connie and Ted!!!

I am sorry that I could not make the party, but the two of you were in my thoughts all weekend!!

Looking forward to seeing both of you again!

Mike Jr.

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
Congartulations Ted & Connie.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Heather:
Indeed, what an HONOR and PLEASURE it was meeting all of you! I could tell that Ted and Connie are very proud of each one of you as they proudly introduced Larry and I to each of you. To underscore my point to Ted's dirtbiking family let me put it this way, the GLEAM in Teds eyes as he introduced me to his family was BRIGHTER then the day he showed me his new KTM :yikes: - yep guys, I found yet another common thread that bonds us (speaking for we single trackers) stronger and deeper then even motorcycles can - FAMILY LOVE!!!
Here are a "couple" (pun intended) pics of the party.. I dont want to spoil Heather's photo thunder with these (she REALLY deserves all thanks and praise) but I simply could not resist showing some of what she has posted!!
The first one here is of the Bride and Groom. Notice if you will how all of the excitement has made Curly's, ooopppps, I mean Young Teds hair change color (not sure but maybe needs a haircut too). A very special couple to say the least!!
This next one is of the special couple and the cake that Connies daughter made for them.. I gotta tell you guys something, while Ted and Connies DELICIOUS rum cakes are stupendous, this cake is RIGHT on par as a Del Solar Special - GREAT STUFF!!!
....continued below

Attachments

• P2190015.JPG
    P2190015.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 145
  • P2190009.JPG
    P2190009.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 156

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
The first pic here I call the Smitdog special... I bumped into Sir William at the Indy show and told him we were headed to the del Solar party. I could see that he was rather busy (ok, slightly understated) and asked if I could hand carry a personalized letter from him to the happy couple... The item being passed to one of the "Guest Of Honors" in this pic is the actual item (A Wurx Company Brochure - aka Bills Company) that the "puppy" wrote the message on!! There you go good buddy Smitdog - MISSION ACCOMPISHED!! Oh yea, I might add here, on the brochure is a picure of the most AMAZING bike stand I have EVER seen!! It is capable of lifting a bike up to work bench height IN THE FIELD or in the garage!! I got to see it operate at the show and it is a BEAUTIFUL piece of equipment - I know what I want for Christmas!!!!! Now Bill didnt know that I was going to add this in here but I couldnt help myself from giving all my riding buddies out there a "heads up" on this one - there Bill, now see if you have time to practice on that new bike :)
Last here but CERTAINLY only the beginning of good things to come to those who go to the website Heather mentioned.
Here is very special shot to me.. Although the guy in the middle isnt the prettiest thing, the two sitting on his legs getting a "bouncy ride on the chopper" are having a pretty good time :rotfl:
Larry and I came away feeling as if we had just experienced something VERY special. As we walked out the door at around 11:30 pm our time, Larry commented that Ted and Connie have something extrodinary for our day and age. They have a Family that truely care about them!! I gotta add that although I agreed totally with him, I came away feeling that he and I and ALL of YOU are a VERY special part of that Family!!!
Thanks Heather and everyone for all you did for Connie and Ted by putting together a fabulous a 50th Wedding Anniversary Party!!! We are all truely BLESSED by them and our lives are richened for having them, Ted and Connie be part of it!
Woodsy

Attachments

• P2190031.JPG
    P2190031.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 152
  • P2190034.JPG
    P2190034.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 134

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Congratulations to the Del Solar's, May the there be anther fifty parties for them! Looks like a good time was had by all. Ted you have a wonderful family. Do any of them ride in the woods? Wish had could have been there, it just wasn't in my cards this weekend.

Jan 12, 2005
Please feel free to 'steal my thunder' with the pics.. I'm not used to this site. I can't post pictures or links or do anything and if you can.. please do. Grampa is actually having to explain to me how to do things on here.

Thank you all for the beautiful sentiments - I can't tell you how glad I am that they have people like you around to keep them on their toes.

Heather

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Now that some of the inner workings of how this came about are known, I give thanks to all for going along with Heather. Devious she is and I have no idea where it comes from. Her parents, Linda and Tim, were also a big part and the headquarters of the operation. Tim is in the background of the fourth picture. In the third picture it is Gen. Larry and son Bruce in the background.
The reason for being able to be here now goes back to August 29, 2003. The sight of a bike coming at me around a tree told me to stop and pull off the trail. The rider on that bike was none other than my good brother from Michigan. What did you say your name was? It has been and still is one whale of a good ride.

Mike - Sheila will not need any pointers from Connie if you simply behave and don't grow up.

Lets ride,
Young Ted

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
INCA said:
Mike - Sheila will not need any pointers from Connie if you simply behave and don't grow up. /QUOTE]

Well I am half the way there then! I got the not growing up part down pat....it is the behaving stuff that gets me all messed up! :p

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Come on Pat, the footpegs are the training wheels. Bruce rode for the first five years of enduro riding is all. Linda and Tim did the Pine Cone some years back. Basically I'm the solo rider in the family.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Ted and Connie.... Congrats again on your 50th anniversary. You're an inspiration to all that not only can a marriage feel like an eternity, it can last as long too. :worship:

Woodsy and Larry... you guys surprised me.... I thought at first a couple yahoos got lost on their way to Westmont. And thanks for the courier service... although it looked more like a singing telegram by The Annoying Thing... :cool:

http://www.central-glass-works.com/anniversary.html

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow?ID=281450712&key=cbhJjT

Heather, Lyn, and Tim did a great job pulling this one off! :yeehaw:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
I'm called a rascallion by Woodsy and he had over four weeks to grow his 'hair'. When he walked through the kitchen, neither Connie nor Heather recognized who it was. They thought it was some biker just crashing in after seeing the cars on the street. After finding me in the living room, he turned his head away and bent down so all I could see was the long hair. I thought Larry had stopped by the zoo on the way.

Thanks to all for being a part of contentment and happiness.

Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
BigEasy said:
Woodsy, learning as I go. I see now where all the trouble is going to come from. :laugh:

Ahhhh, yes indeed Grasshopper, you are learning!! However, the lesson is not even close to over...
What MUST be realised here is that everything I do/have done is simply an act of self preservation while in the midst of an unfolding crisis...
You see, the "guest of honor" at the anniversary party (no - not the pretty one) has set a course of action, beginning with the now infamous "breakfast with Renie", that demands continued reprisal or it will get wayyyyyy out of hand... These "actions" that I take are simply my way of "flattening tires".. You see Grasshopper, things arent always as they seem...
Stick with me Bigeasy, you'll get it...
Woodsy

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
INCA said:
Mike - Have breakfast with Renie and you will never misbehave again

Hmmm - seeing Woodsy's last comment makes me wonder.... you are gonna have to enlighten me about this breakfast with Renie some time!

I am not so sure I want to never misbehave again... :laugh:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
KTM Mike said:
Hmmm - seeing Woodsy's last comment makes me wonder.... you are gonna have to enlighten me about this breakfast with Renie some time!

and then there are the little fish who swim around the bait and nibble just enough to cause the bobber to move ;)
Gotta keep an eye on these too Bigeasy cause they can really create a stink if you catch one and forget to take him out of the trunk of your car on one of those hot, sticky summer days :rotfl: :nener:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
KTM Mike said:

What Woodsy dosn't understand is that the answer to the Rene Saga is as close to him as the Big funny nose on his big funny face :nener:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Mike - After you place your order and have a few words of conversation with Renie, there isn't much left that you could do to be called misbehaving. Ask Woodsy why he didn't show the left half of her card to him last summer.

Don - The answer couldn't get any closer.

Big Easy - Woodsy makes many claims. He is also a salesman of sorts by vocation. Add them up. The things that I've done for or to him that he has proof for, are all honorable and were done with compassion. He is the reason I am here now, my favorite brother. What he suspects but has no proof for is another story.

Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
are all honorable and were done with compassion. He is the reason I am here now, my favorite brother. What he suspects but has no proof for is another story.

Young Ted

All goofing off set aside here, what Ted is spelling out here is true brotherly love!! It certainly goes both ways Young Ted - you are the best of the best brother!! Thank you for pointing out the kind of stuff that a lot of folks never experience in a whole lifetime and yet our MTR group seems to have plenty!!
ANother point is that I think it is neat how Bigeasy felt at ease enough with our group to come on here and invite us to join him for an overnight camping experience?? Truely, I think the world would be a much better place with more dirtriders on it!! :ride:
Back to being goofy... What do you mean "no proof of....." :laugh:
Woodsy

BigEasy

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 22, 2005
woodsy said:
Truely, I think the world would be a much better place with more dirtriders on it!! :ride:
Woodsy

It will be a great riding season, looks like I have bunch of good people to meet. As far as inviting everyone up to camp, it is all good. :cool: I am pretty sure I can set up about a dozen campsites and still have room to get vehicles around easy.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
What I mean is simple Dear Woodsy. If you suspect I have done something, can you prove it? I have been suspected of things before and that is as far as it got. The proof just doesn't show up.

Young Ted

Top Bottom