ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I find once in awhile I'll click on someones profile, ( sometimes to try to get more insight on their background, age, etc., so I can better understand where they are coming from), and there are several blank areas. Why is this? Don't want us to know how old / young you are? Afraid we'll find out your second favorite hobby is needlepoint? Think we'll hunt you down if you post your home town?
I like the profiles. Come on, fill us all in a little better about yourselves!

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Take a look at mine if you want.I don't think there is anything in there I don't want yall to know.:p

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Originally posted by IDkTm
I'd update mine if I could. I haven't been able to change anything since the move to version 3.
That only happens when someone has more than one registered account...

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
some people, such as I, are a bit paranoid about giving out too much personal info on the net, especially things like date of birth. Maybe there is nothing to worry about, but it has kept me out of trouble so far.

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
if there were no such thing as someone stealing your identity and personal information that you have and using that online in whichever way possible, or even in reality, i might. And there's just so many nuts out there that will do crazy things, and most can probably get away with the little stuff, that even you will not notice till later on. Till it is too late.
:scream:
I, too, am one of those paranoid people:scream:

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
The thing about people who steal identities (to do anything serious anyway), is that they prefer the stolen identity to be of a dead person. So you're probably safe, then again, them goonies might try to kill you and then take your identity..... :think

-Searge

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by motometal
some people, such as I, are a bit paranoid about giving out too much personal info on the net, especially things like date of birth. Maybe there is nothing to worry about, but it has kept me out of trouble so far.
My reasoning also. Having been the victom of internet fraud once, I have learned to be much more careful about what sort of personal info I send out on ther web for the whole world to see. Birthdates and place of residence are fairly safe, as this info is easily obtainable about anybody, but beyond those simple things, you have to be careful.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
Oh yeah, also,

Most of the people, (like pretty much all of them), that steal identities are men, or at least of the male gender. lol,
I female's identity wouldn't get them far ;)

-Searge

Maru16

Mar 29, 2001
no, it wouldn't get them far. but if they got ahold of, say your credit card number, they can buy anything they want from the net. even groceries.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
No SS #'s

Since there isnt any area to give your SS #, your basically safe from having your identity stolen. Dont sweat it.
Besides, most of us dont really care about your personal info! :)

Kyron

Feb 3, 2001
How do you get groceries off the net??? webvan is gone:silly:

Do you people really think that someone is going to seal your identiy just from this form?

OK I'm checking my profile right now, cause I cant remember how vage I was :D

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Sorry about having the two profiles Okie. When I first registered you were making the move to version 2 and I got lost in the change over (or so I thought). Anyways I know that I have two profiles and they are both under the same name. Could you delete one of them for me? Thanks.

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
When ever I try to change my profile it tells me my e-mail is already
in use by someone. I know you've gone threw this but why does it say that?

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by Kyron
Do you people really think that someone is going to seal your identiy just from this form?
Do you really think that when you click that enter key that the info just goes straight from your PC to Okie's server (over that secure line), or that criminals can't take bits and pieces of info about you from many sources and put together a pretty good fake profile of you for obtaining credit and other mischief? Take it from someone who has had it happen, you have to be careful what sort of info you broadcast over the internet.

U2leight

Nov 25, 2000
Just to show you all that I have nothing to hide........Listen up....This is personal info for better insight into who I am. My DOB is 2/25/63 and I am a Honda guy trapped on a Yamaha body! I was born to ride red! I need an expensive brand change operation. :scream: :eek: :scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You know who I am ktmboy, and I know you. Any questions? I know that thumbs impersonates females quite often, most of them English speaking!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Whatever.... Mister "Public Service".

Just for that comment I'll be putting a deposit down on one of those fancy DARK SIDE scooters. :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I just want you to know that I'm here for you, I'm here to help! Don't you still have that XR100, take it for a ride and you'll be over your thumper illness!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
You're forgiven, now lets ride! Thinking midweek next week or next saturday Phelon? I know this is the wrong forum for that, my bad.
Elk

Top Bottom