Indy and Speed channel (spoilers)

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I think it's time...will someone please file a petition to have that idiot Ralph Shaheen removed from the commentator chair...maybe give him a job as a weatherman or something...

Great racing!!!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Wolf said:
I think it's time...will someone please file a petition to have that idiot Ralph Shaheen removed from the commentator chair...maybe give him a job as a weatherman or something...

Great racing!!!

And you just gotta love the obvious competition that Shaheen & Emig are having to see who can have the blackest hair.

In a lot of the shots of shaheen, you couldn't even see his hair against the background.. What a complete Douchnozzle™.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I noticed while watching the 450's that they mentioned that Windham had a rock get caught in the sprocket, and that they needed to change that.

I wonder if that was the Honda marketing department in action..

After the practice session, I went down to the pits, Windham told me that he detonated his gearbox and that they had the bike outside at the truck putting a new motor in it. (I was sitting right next to the whoops when it went, sure sounded like gears breaking to me)

Must be that Honda doesn't want the public to freak out.

As a side note, the pits were lame as hell. Only Tedesco, Windham, Wey, Davalos, Pro Circuit, and a handful of others were inside. All the rest, especially the bigger factory teams were outside working out of their trucks and that pit required a hardcard to get into. SUCK.

I did get KW to sign my shiny new KW hat.. ;) And Hotsauce on my ticket.

I also got to meet and chat with the lovely Miss Supercross. What a hottie.

Attachments

• P2802090002.jpg
    P2802090002.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 208

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
my nephew & his friend with KW. Steven looks so thrilled to be there. Only slightly more thrilled than he was with Ms. Supercross. ;)

Attachments

• Supercross 190.JPG
    Supercross 190.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 195

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I did not find Emig and Shaheen that horrible this time. I thought they were much worse during last week's live broadcast.

Larocco's track was tough and very entertaining. Lots of spots for the top riders to pass, even though it was narrow. It is amazing how deep into the field Chad and Bubba will lap on a tough track.

Bubba went down twice, did not ride near his best and Chad got a great holeshot. Props to Chad for pressuring JBS and executing his game plan, but this could be the only win Chad gets all year.

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
To me it looked like Jame's front brake lever hit the tough block on the tight corner before the finish and locked up his front tire causing him to crash the second time. Tough break after catching up to Reed after the first crash. He's obviously faster than Reed is to crash and catch right back up and pass him.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Yeah, I looked at the replay a few times and it doesn't look like there was any contact, other than his front wheel not contacting the rut properly. Bubba was just riding a bit flustered the whole time. I think he was freaked out right from the beginning that Chad got such a good start.

And go Alessi...not too many dudes can say they passed Bubba. Even if it was briefly.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Kawi4life said:
To me it looked like Jame's front brake lever hit the tough block on the tight corner before the finish and locked up his front tire causing him to crash the second time. Tough break after catching up to Reed after the first crash. He's obviously faster than Reed is to crash and catch right back up and pass him.

I agree, that tough block obviously moved when he hit it. Pretty much the same thing that happened to him at Redbud in 2007.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
When was the last time two Zuke's in the big boy SX class were on the podium?
RC - Hot Sauce maybe?
Exciting race.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Good race. I can't believe that JBS was down by like 7 seconds after his first crash, but was able to reel in and pass Chad in what seemed like only a matter of laps. I was then impressed with Chad who after losing his big lead, was able to stay with Bubba and pressure him into making yet another mistake and going down. Props to Alessi also for getting on the box for the first time this year.

I don't like Chad, but I do want to see him do well, just for the sake of keeping things interesting. Otherwise Stewart will have the championship locked up before they even get to Vegas.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
IndyMX said:
I agree, that tough block obviously moved when he hit it. Pretty much the same thing that happened to him at Redbud in 2007.

Here it is at about 4:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Iazzg-Tng

You are right...the tough block moved. It kind of looks like he was on the brakes and coming over that small mound which kicked his back end up off the ground.....so when he contacted the tough block he was riding on just the front wheel. That might explain why it took him down so easily.

Props on keeping the bike running...and props to chad for not eating it too.

RedGreen

Jul 20, 2005
It was an exciting race, even more so if you were there. The new stadium was practically sold out, and man is it huge inside! We had seats right at the end of the whoop section and the start straight, about five rows up, and I got this awesome picture of the first crash of the night, Stroupe and Davalos crashing on the "Wall Jump"

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
MXSparx said:
Dude, you're short.

Errr.. Actually, you can see my extra large ass in the reflection over my nephews shoulder.

I couldn't get that close to her, I didn't want her getting soaked down by my drool. :whoa:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The stadium was awesome, someday I hope to see all of it! The displays were really cool, and some off brand oil? No 7 dollar beer above the first level, hahaha! A friend even seen an old dog Suzuki, they had a display? The nickle plated quad made me ill at the effort involved! My shins just today started to quit hurting, damn concrete! The seats were roomy and kind of comfortable, way better than before! There is some kind of genius that booked my hotel next to the stadium, the old stadium, DOH! The track was killer! It was pretty late in practice before the lites started tripling, in the middle of the best rhythm section I remember ever seeing on a track! Plenty of options for sure. The btu's were kicking when that gas lit up on the finish, wonder how hot the roof got? Left over vp fuel? Carnage in the lites? No reason for that red flag and restart, they had the mess cleaned up before the first lap? I am going to get that Stuart interview, verbatim, I think he dissed Reed very well, for someone who made 20 mistakes and that is what it takes?? KW was hauling the lumber big time, Daisy was looking awesome, and even Short had glimpses of brillance, in the end it was Alessi! I could not think of any rider on the track that deserved 3rd more! Either the near death experience or Roger, Mike is definitely seeming a more likable racer?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Carnage in the lites? No reason for that red flag and restart, they had the mess cleaned up before the first lap?

Yeah, Izzi's chance for the title got flushed down the toilet with that restart. He would have taken it wire to wire without that red flag. Oh well, there is always next year for Nicco!

I guess the new rule must be if enough top riders get collected in the first turn, its an automatic red flag.

B

biglou

Yeah, I was excited for Nicco as well, until the red flag. No checkers for the Paisano. Seems there just ALWAYS has to be some controversy for some reason. Welcome to NASBike.

And Shaheen and Emig don't bother me too much. Once the race starts, there's enough bike noise in the surround speakers to drown out much of what they say. I need to experiment and see if turning down just the center channel will cancel them out altogether (in the name of research, mind you)! :laugh:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
That's an awesome idea Lou. I will have to try that.
Shaheen is like a weatherman to me. He has nothing to contribute that isn't obvious...like "the snow is really white" or "we're expecting wet rain"...I just wish he'd shut up. I can tolerate Emig, though I am getting tired of his self loathing....

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Yeah, I forgot bubba did make that comment about his 20 mistakes vs. reeds 20 "perfect" laps. Yeah, well, those 51 sec lap times Reed was throwing down in the later part of the race sure didn't look perfect to me.

I'm not really bent about what he said...I just thought it was interesting that a guy who dominated the last 7 races would be that miffed about giving one up.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
dirt bike dave said:
Yeah, Izzi's chance for the title got flushed down the toilet with that restart. He would have taken it wire to wire without that red flag. Oh well, there is always next year for Nicco!

I guess the new rule must be if enough top riders get collected in the first turn, its an automatic red flag.

Yeah, that re-start was pretty sketchy. Izzi really got screwed. IMHO, the ONLY reason you should have a red flag in sx is if there is a bad injury on track which cannot be quickly cleared by the paramedics.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
YamaB said:
Yeah, that re-start was pretty sketchy. Izzi really got screwed. IMHO, the ONLY reason you should have a red flag in sx is if there is a bad injury on track which cannot be quickly cleared by the paramedics.
That mess was gone before lap one, no issues! But the gate worked better! New promoters?

Top Bottom