Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
We've just got a new laptop and I am trying to hook it up using our existing internet connection.

I thought it'd be simple, just plug the cord in the laptop and go. I was wrong.

I created a new internet connection on the Laptop as I did on the Computer. Same thing word for word. Yet when I try and access internet on the laptop is says that the remote computer isn't responding. But 30 seconds later, I'm on the internet on this computer, using the same connection.

Is there another connection I have to create? Or option I haven't clicked off yet? I've been going at this for about an hour and can't figure it out. :bang:

Thanks

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
elliot67 said:
We've just got a new laptop and I am trying to hook it up using our existing internet connection.

I thought it'd be simple, just plug the cord in the laptop and go. I was wrong.

I created a new internet connection on the Laptop as I did on the Computer. Same thing word for word. Yet when I try and access internet on the laptop is says that the remote computer isn't responding. But 30 seconds later, I'm on the internet on this computer, using the same connection.

Is there another connection I have to create? Or option I haven't clicked off yet? I've been going at this for about an hour and can't figure it out. :bang:

Thanks

Is it a Dialup Connection? DSL or Cable?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
elliot67 said:
But 30 seconds later, I'm on the internet on this computer, using the same connection.

Thanks

Soo, you are connected 30 seconds latter on the laptop or the desktop ?

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
It's broadband. I just got it figured out now. I had some options that differed from the connection settings on the other computer.

Thanks alot guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom