Is there a KDX 220 equivalent in snowmobiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xr400forever

Jan 6, 2002
Sorry if this is a question unrelated to KDX's. I am asking you guys because A)You appreciate the same things in a dirt bike as me and so you probably would in a snowmobile too, and B) I am not sure who else to ask.

Heres the deal: I am looking around for a sled but am really uninformed about them. I am hoping there is something like a KDX 220 equivalent in sleds. To help you answer this question, here are the things I love about my KDX that I would like to find in a sled if possible:
Long production run (parts do not change every year)
Great aftermarket for parts
Parts resonably priced (unlike KTM's)
Reliable-always gets me back to the truck
Not highest performance but able to go anywheres
Easy to work on myself
Durable-not constantly rebuilding the thing
Good dealer network

In looking at sleds here are some things I know for sure:
I don't need the highest performance.
Don't need the best suspension.
Would like to take a passenger sometimes.
Want durable and reliable, would like to ride at least as much time as repairing and maintaining.
Want to avoid the Suzukis(not reliable or durable) and KTM's(expensive parts) of snowmobiles

Thanks for any help you can give me with this question guys!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
First off, I am not aware of any Suzuki or KTM sleds. Stick with the majors, Yamaha, Ski-Doo, Polaris, Arctic Cat. They all make some nice midrange trail sleds. As far as two-up sleds, you won't find a whole lot of options out there with very decent suspension packages. Best bet would be to go to a dealer that you know well, and have them walk you through what's out there.

There is no such thing as a low maintenance sled. Keep that in mind.

Good luck, that's about all I have for you.

dthoms

Oct 6, 2002
IF your looking for a snowmobile that is the equivelant to a KDX you might want to look for a used Rupp or Chapparal, maybe even a Scorpion but that might be pushing it a little.
I would consider any of them in the KDX class they are outdated and slow and the suspension isn't worth mentioning.
I'm only giving you such a sarcastic reply because I think you and many other KDX owners bash KTM's and what ever other brand they think is too expensive.
I own both a Suzuki and a KTM (and some Honda's and a couple of Yamaha's too) and have had the best of luck with both of them.
I think its a shame when someone has to bash another bike because of their priorities of lack there of and then justify there actions with false accusations.
That's just a pet peave of mine.
And that's my opinion, neither fact nor fiction.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Originally posted by dthoms
IF your looking for a snowmobile that is the equivelant to a KDX you might want to look for a used Rupp or Chapparal, maybe even a Scorpion but that might be pushing it a little.
I would consider any of them in the KDX class they are outdated and slow and the suspension isn't worth mentioning.
I'm only giving you such a sarcastic reply because I think you and many other KDX owners bash KTM's and what ever other brand they think is too expensive.
I own both a Suzuki and a KTM (and some Honda's and a couple of Yamaha's too) and have had the best of luck with both of them.
I think its a shame when someone has to bash another bike because of their priorities of lack there of and then justify there actions with false accusations.
That's just a pet peave of mine.
And that's my opinion, neither fact nor fiction.

:| :think: ;)

XR400forever if you think that motorcycles are change a lot then you will not believe snowmobiles.

Polaris XLT 's are reasonable and still pretty modern (KDX like?) Before I get bashed by anyone I have 1 each Articat, Polaris, Ski-Doo :)

Kevin

;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Gotta agree on the Polaris XLT. Nice all around sled, and a lot of 'em out there.

But, like Roost said, you buy a snowmobile, you buy a hole in the snow to throw money into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom