truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
A year ago I posted a thread about me being sick

Since then I have slowly recovered and am now in better shape than before I got sick. I'm still fat and out of shape compared to my youth but I'm on the right track.

I started walking 1/2 mile a week on the treadmill. Then I got up to walking 1 mile two days a week. When I got to 1.5 miles 3 days a week I started doing a spinning class once per week. Now a month ago as an anniversery present to getting sick I bought a road bicycle (www.truespode.net/pics/newbike.jpg) and have been putting in some miles slowly.

I did 10 miles 3 times last week and did 15 miles this week. On September 11th I'm going to do a 28.5 mile charity ride.

Why do I bring this up? Probably b/c I'm bored :) But also, to remind those who worry about life that you need to go out and live it. Take a chance and try a new double or make a decision that you will not do a double. Sometimes throttling back on risk is taking a chance too. Showing your fear or your frailty is a characteristic of strength!

I got sick but I still ride my dirtbike, I still double some jumps, I still bounce of a few trees and I now pedal too.

Why?

I got sick. Nothing life threatening but I did not know it when it happened.

To not ride, to not test limits, to not experience what I can to its fullest and to not treat people better throughout my future is to disrespect those who have gotten sicker than I had and suffered through life threatening illness.

Remember how lucky you are in life and live today like you are not one of the lucky ones b/c they wish they had your opportunity.

Ivan

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
truespode said:
Showing your fear or your frailty is a characteristic of strength!

I like that line! :cool: I feel that one of my own personal good qualities is being upfront with myself and others when I admit there are things I won't attempt. ie. doubles, triples, going fast in the trees. :)

And you say you're a little out of shape? I'll bet ya a $100 you could whoop my ass in a bicycle race. :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Green Horn said:
And you say you're a little out of shape? I'll bet ya a $100 you could whoop my ass in a bicycle race. :laugh:
Your kid does that and he just got off the training wheels a while back :laugh: :rotfl:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Words of wisdom bud. You never know when and where your journey will end, but worrying about it wastes time. Move on, stop and smell the dirt from time to time, hug your kids and take care of your elders.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
GREAT JOB IVAN!

Most people just sit around and believe they can do nothing to change themselves. You have done a lot. That's GREAT!

WAY to go.

Top Bottom