It's been fun guys, but I gotta quit

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I'm sorry guys, ( 89r and Can Ridr ) I didn't mean it to come arcoss like that, poor choice of words.

I'll be here till The Oak boots my butt

Zyban seems to work, Smoked very Little today, But LoriKTM is right on the money about the routine, I found myself reaching for a smoke alot while I was drive and had to tell myself no, also I find that drinking water whenever I get the erge to smoke or eat helps alot too

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Good luck. I quit in 94 and it was 2 yrs before I picked it up again. My girlfriend smokes and its realy hard. I have started a quit several times since. Last time I made it for a whole month. Its hard. I have some riding buds that smoke. Thats the hardest is being around someone that does when your tring to quit. Stick with it though. Its much better when you do. I gained about 50 pounds since I quit the first time.]

Its a realy hard battle, but I think its doable.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Good luck man. You'll never regret it. I never smoked but have seen the devestating results of those that have and refused to quit.

BTW, I thought you were quiting dirtbikes too!! This is much better :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I didn't smoke for very long but it was still not that easy to quit. Lori is right--the physical habit is far harder to beat than the drug. I go through a LOT of sunflower seeds still, and it's been a couple of years. I also drank a lot of coffee and Mountain Dew at first but lately I had to quit caffeine too, it makes me short of breath. :think:

Good luck! You can do it. You'll feel SO much better and wonder why you ever did in the first place.

Last edited:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I seriously considered wearing Depends after I quit. There was lots of cheek clenching and short-step running going on.

:eek: That's a new one. I had the exact opposite :uh:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It'll be two years June 12 :aj: Even though I gained about 40 pounds, I still feel that it was worth all of the effort.
I did the money Jar thing. 3.50 a pack(at the time they're 5.00+ now)x1.5 packs a dayx 365=1916.25$ a yearx 2 years=$3832.50.
And people wonder where I got the cash for my 1998 CR500 :)

Good luck, it's not easy but stick with it. The first three weeks are key. You'll feel like you're walking around in a cloud. After that it just keeps getting easier.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Good luck Jim....

i started around 17 and gave up at 25 (on my birthday, of work sick with a chest infection!) and its the best thing i ever did. if you can get on the exercise wagon thats even better. and drinking water is very important also.

my wife gave up a few months ago (with help), it came to a head when she sent me to the drug store to buy cigs and a asthma inhaler prescription! but she is so glad she stopped now.

remember: if at first you dont succeed, then Try, Try again!

no more excuses for not busting lots of laps at the track now!

may the force be with you

later

bruce

Staley8

Jan 29, 2001
Mind over matter....is your mind really that weak? If you believe you can do it, you can make your body do it. Now don't be such a pansy and just quit.

Ok, I'm sure it isn't that easy but come on man, you wanna live don't you?

Did you ever see the comercial, they go from one person to the next:

person1: When I try to quit smoking I gain 10 pounds
person2:(in the hospital, with all of her hair gone from Chemo): I've lost 25 pounds in 2 months

Person3: I can't go more than a few hours with a smoke
Person4: (in the hospital tied to an IV and respirator): I can't go more than a few feet without my respirator

Person5: I just don't think I can get up in the morning with a cig
person6: (a doctor looking at test results) I just don't think I can operate, it's hopeless

I hope that helps a little. It is a little easier in California b/c you can't smoke in the bar or in any buildings.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Good luck JP. I quit 2 years ago this summer, doing the wellbutrin/zyban. Smoked for 15 years. Give it a good 4 weeks to get in your system. It's strange how it works - soon you'll find yourself "forgetting" about having a smoke until you see someone else smoking (so avoid those situations). It's hard, like at the races, I see other people smoking, I've had a few beers, and it sounds good. And yeah, I've slipped, usually stressful situations do it. But once all those nasty chemicals are out of your system for a few good months, you'll realize how much better you feel, and how much more energy you have. Then you'll bum one from someone, get a nasty headrush, cough and snap out of it. Like I said, beer subdues this reaction consiterably and impairs judgement, FWIW.... ;)

BUT, I do have the occaisional cigar now (once a week, maybe?)... but it's way better than a pack a day. :eek:

Last edited:
Top Bottom