TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Rode the Grand Traverse Trail today. Laid down the first track of the year. Trail is 95% dirt, very easy to handle without studded tires. Ran into part of our Wednesday group and finished a loop with them. They left early for Caberfae but the snow down there scared them off. If the weatherman is right by next weekend it will be difficult to find any remaining white stuff. I like short winters.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yeah, I rode Gladwin today. Rode all the loop and then we made a HS track in the wooded scrambles area and burned 15-20 laps on that -nice tight singletrack. It was fun and I am tired. I think next weekend it will be good anywhere under the bridge most likely.

FT

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Snow is pretty much all gone up here as well. A few spots deep in the woods, but very limited. I have yet to ride...been to sidetracked on other projects. That has to come to an end!

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
Dave and I rode Evart today. I'd say 10/20% snow, some of that deep. And some deep snow in a couple of those rutted out hill climbs. made for a real good workout, but it was good to get out, and we both had a blast. Should be alot better next weekend. will be sore tommorrow.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Fred T said:
Yeah, I rode Gladwin today. Rode all the loop and then we made a HS track in the wooded scrambles area and burned 15-20 laps on that -nice tight singletrack. It was fun and I am tired. I think next weekend it will be good anywhere under the bridge most likely.

FT

Where is this area in relationship to the newer 61 parking lot? I've been to Gladwin a couple of times but I'm not familiar with it. Hopeing to go Tuesday. Thanks

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey Neal - did your email addy change? I tried to email ya but it got bounced. Shoot me an email at. Is Dave the guy I met at your place on the HD?

KTM_Mike <<< AT >>> hughes.net

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
Where is this area in relationship to the newer 61 parking lot?

Head south on Center Firelane, passed the official parking lot until the road tees into Grim Road (about 2.7 miles). Turn right (west) on Grim Road until you cross the crick (half mile), Grim hill with all of it's glorious guard rails will be on your left (south) and the scramble area/spots to squeeze a truck & trailer will be on your right (north)..

There's a nicer spot to park on Center FireLane, a little bit before Grim Road. It's just beyond the southern most trail crossing on your right (west). The trail loops through this area and there are more trees for shade.

Top Bottom