upnorth

Feb 3, 2005
My wife and I will try and show. So far that weekend looks good. No military to get in the way. And it is only about and hour drive for use. Might even camp in yard.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
MXGirl230 said:
We have golfed more than we have gone riding :|

:yikes: Blasphemy!!! Dare I say you should log onto Golfcartrider.net? :yikes:

upnorth, I hope you and your wife decide to stay up there. My wife and daughter are tagging along, the more women there the better to keep them all happy :laugh:

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hey, I tried golfcartrider.net and got a no hit....whassup??

For me..one weekend of riding is more fun than a weeks worth of golf!

Staying on topic...I might make it to Kamp KTM that weekend.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Fred - we have not worked out details yet, but what ever works for you works for us! My guess is we will play around here for a while first thing Saturday, then those that want to, will head out to the trails late morning, others can stay and play around here. Then back here for burning some burgers etc. Repeat Sunday and Monday. So, to maximize your play time, make it as early as you want!

Mark, do you think that we can allow MX girl to hang out here on MTR if she is spending that much time golfing? This is a serious offense! Who was our judge recently in a similar dispute with Woodsy and Father Nelson...wasnt that you? A quick solution to that problem though - QUIT GOLFING! :nener:

Mike - we would love to have you join in! Always room for more KTM's here! (oh..them other brands? There are other brands? yeah, they can come to.).

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
MWEISSEN said:
:yikes: Blasphemy!!! Dare I say you should log onto Golfcartrider.net? :yikes:

:rotfl: Thats funny

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
KTM Mike said:
Mark, do you think that we can allow MX girl to hang out here on MTR if she is spending that much time golfing? This is a serious offense! Who was our judge recently in a similar dispute with Woodsy and Father Nelson...wasnt that you? A quick solution to that problem though - QUIT GOLFING! :nener:

I'm sorry!!! Golfing is relaxing, all of the best MXers golf. Phil likes to golf, I didn't like it until we went with a ton of friends and I finished 2nd...behind Phi! great...someone help!! I NEED to ride...the 18th can't get here soon enough :bang: :bang:

someone PLEASE ride extra for me. Also, have some sort of stupid fall over, in honor of me. I haven't gone trail riding YET, without falling over in a turn (stupid trees...) hitting a tree...or having a close call of some sort. BUT please do not get hurt in the process...I will feel extremely bad!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Oh geez, now I feel bad..... :( Let's see, admission is the first step to recovery....so.....I'VE GOLFED BEFORE TOO! (although I'll take dirt biking ANYTIME over golf) Now I feel much better! ;)

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
I could never figure out how chasing a stupid little ball around a field could be construed as relaxing. Especially when said field would best serve as an open riding area for dirtbikes or at least mountain bikes!

:ride: = :yeehaw:

Golf = :bang:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Yeah I was NEVER into golf before..thought it was stupid..then Phil came along...and we are pretty competitive with each other and our friends...so yeah...I would much rather be riding though...trust me

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
I USED to golf. When I was away in Georgia my sons took my clubs to GR and now they golf. Must be something you need to do once in your life - for awhile. Anyway, It didn't even phase me that they had the clubs, heck I'm glad. Wow what a change~!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Well - I got the news that I am on the road this Sunday.. I doubt that I can make the trip from MI to LA - Load and drive back all in 7 days so I probably wont make next weeks ride :( :( :(
It is a shame too because all this chatter about you folks chasing around a little white ball and trying to club it death makes me think that everyone - including myself - could use some QUALITY ride time and some good laughs!!!!! Oh well, you all have a GREAT time up yonder and think of ol Woodsy driving cross country in slowwwwwwwwwww moving straight axle loaded with machinery will ya!!!
Mike - pm me your phone number will you!!
See you all when I return!!
Woodsy
Oh yea, if that rascallion Young Ted shows up DONT believe ANY of his latest nonsense pertaining to a recent ride we did.... Just say - nahhhhhhhh Scott wouldnt do that..... Not in front of everybody at the resturant - no matter what Larry said on the phone Scott would never do that...... :moon:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Ride with Woodsy - nonsence - in front of a restaurant - wouldn't do that. All this in one post creates a choking laughter.
I don't have a positive yet, but it looks possible that I will be able to add to Camp Chaos.

Young Ted

jnugent

Aug 30, 2003
Hey Mike, it looks like I will be able to make it that weekend. I am trying to get a buddy to come along but so far it looks like I'll be by myself.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Woodsy - bummer! I was looking forward to seeing you! Oh well.

Ted and jnugent - I am glad it looks like you can make it!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Roll Call Time!

It is time for a roll call and some more details.!

Here are some that I know (?) status of:

Mark W., Moto Marie and Emily
Neal (2big4akdx)
BJ (a local rider – work may cut him out of one day or the other though)
Joel (a local rider and possibly his buddy Brett)
Mark C (another local rider – possibly two others with him)
Lakergrad
Fred T, Erin and Nate (for the day Saturday)
CR250R@Winters (and perhaps some others)
jnugent

Possibles?
Young Ted ( I had promised my motorhome for Woodsy, Larry and perhaps yourself to sleep in – you have first shot at it if you would like! It would sleep 3 or 4 easily, more if you like to snuggle close :yikes: . Others can use it if it is not spoken for by Ted. Nothin fancy)
Fatherandson?
UpNorth?
Asrith?
SmitDog and Zach?
Nestrick
Anyone else?

If you plan to join in post here! I will email out driving directions to everyone I have email addresses for, or will PM or use DRN Email if you have that set up. If you are not set up for DRN PM’s or Emails, please email me!

If you want to camp here please let me know that to so I can make sure I mow a large enough area for everyone to set up in. If you need to arrive late Friday night that is fine – I am sure we will all be swapping lies around the campfire well into the evening! Neal has dibs on the couch! Camp Chaos (or Kamp KTM as fatherandson put it - I like that to!) is nothing fancy at all, but biker trash is always welcome here!

Mark W volunteered to provide burgers for dinner on Saturday Night. I will provide some hot dogs in case of “overflow” need, buns, condiments etc. If we could get some others to volunteer up some stuff like chips, other munchies that would be great. On Saturday morning and Sunday morning I will have donuts, coffee, fruit etc. for breakfast munchies. Bring you own lunch trail munchies. BYOB as well. And a lawn chair if you want to sit around the fire – I don’t think we have enough!

As far as specifics of where we will ride – that is highly flexible. I expect we will play around here on my grass track and woods loop Saturday AM early on, then hit the trails after that. We could ride right from here or trailer - we can decide that when the time comes. Depending on the mix of riders, we could split into a couple smaller groups or all stay together. Mark’s daughter will be riding here with my boys – others (Zach?) can feel free to hang out here and ride while we are out on the trails. Sunday will likely be a repeat of Saturday. I have Monday off from work so if anyone wants to ride Monday let me know!

I am looking forward to this ride! It should be a great time! :ride:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
CR250R@WINTERS said:
Hey KTM Mike,
My brothers and I would like to join your party/riding weekend get together.

CR - I dont have your email address, and your DRN account does not allow Emails or PMs through DRN - email me at sstephenson@i2k.net so I can send you some driving directions! :ride:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Oh - In case anyone would prefer to find a local motel - here are two options in Atlanta:

A-Win Sands Motel 989-785-2337
Timber Lodge 989-785-3339

The A Win Sands is the nicer of the two, has a pool etc.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I will be there Sat siting around so if you need me to do any cooking or anything else while you guys are gone riding let me know. I'll bring something for the "pot luck" as well. I guess we will be there between 10:30 and 11 AM.

CR250R@WINTERS

~SPONSOR~
May 28, 2004
This weekend

Hey KTM Mike,
I am still planning on coming and will have at least one brother with me, maybe two. I emailed you so you can get me directions. See you then.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Fred - your help would be much appreciated! We will likely already be riding around my place when you get there, then head to the trails. Depending on what everyone is up for, if we ride from my place to do the Atlanta A loop, we might need someone to spot some gas cans for those that are "fuel capacity challenged".

CR - I got your email late yesterday - our power was out for about 3 hours or so. I had actually replied with driving directions, then just before I was going to click on "send" the power died again! I will get them out to you tonight.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I am a highly skilled "Ace Gas Man" and will go where ever you tell me. I may need a map.

bbartol88

Apr 20, 2002
As of right now, I am planning on being there and riding this weekend. I will probably either stay at my place or Joel's, but will be there Saturday and at least some of Sunday.

Also, Blake and his two boys are 50/50 right now. I will have him let you know for sure later in the week.

Are friendly dogs welcome for a visit ? Might have my better half come over Saturday night and she might bring the pups if that is ok.

Brett

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Fred - boy you are multi talented arent you! Someone that can cook AND run gas! We may well put you to work! Now if you are such an Ace...why would you need a map? ;^)

Brett - Joel mentioned you might show up. Blake and the kids are welcome to. Dogs? Kaws? How about a Husky (that would be fitting) We like 'em all. We have a 5 month old pup here ourselves - Metlzer (guess who picked the name?). That dog is full of energy! Just so you know, our neighbor is not very tolerant of dogs wandering around on his property, so they would need to stay close to our house.

jnugent

Aug 30, 2003
Well my wife got layed off today, this follows my hours being cut last Fri. I guess my riding will be cut back to day trips till things get back to normal. One of these days we will get to ride together.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Mike

Nate( Diver Dog) and I are planing on coming up friday night after work.
I will be bringing my 5th wheel so save me a spot to park.
I will have my enclosed trailer toe, so i don't want to have to
back up :bang:
can you P/M the directions to me.

Sparkey

Top Bottom